23 + 10

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I already had 23 ( 5 types of ) Japanese maple trees along with 4 prairie fire crabapple trees as well as a river birch , also 6 of mugo pines , and a dozen dwarf mugo pines, and 5 dwarf conifers. Also a couple dozen of 4 types of ferns. Last week I met a retired accountant that about 3 years ago, started to grow an assortment of native plants as well as 4 types od Japanese maples as a hobby. . Guess what followed me home ... how about TEN coral bark maple trees., 2' to 3' tall. Some mail order nurseries sell the coral bark maples ( between 2' -3' tall ) trees between $40 to $150 each. However, yours truly purchased the trees for $25 .00 for the bunch ! SCORE !!! :thumbsup

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I already had 23 ( 5 types of ) Japanese maple trees along with 4 prairie fire crabapple trees as well as a river birch , also 6 of mugo pines , and a dozen dwarf mugo pines, and 5 dwarf conifers. Also a couple dozen of 4 types of ferns. Last week I met a retired accountant that about 3 years ago, started to grow an assortment of native plants as well as 4 types od Japanese maples as a hobby. . Guess what followed me home ... how about TEN coral bark maple trees., 2' to 3' tall. Some mail order nurseries sell the coral bark maples ( between 2' -3' tall ) trees between $40 to $150 each. However, yours truly purchased the trees for $25 .00 for the bunch ! SCORE !!! :thumbsup
Tis the season! Nothing like a scrawny bedraggled leafless plant on sale this time of year to set the spring planning in motion!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tis the season! Nothing like a scrawny bedraggled leafless plant on sale this time of year to set the spring planning in motion!

i used to keep a few hundred houseplants for the middle of winter when nothing much else was going on outside. gave me some dirt and plants to work with after school to unwind. great learning. :)

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congratulations, that's quite a haul, @bobm.
i used to keep a few hundred houseplants for the middle of winter when nothing much else was going on outside. gave me some dirt and plants to work with after school to unwind. great learning. :)
DW keeps several dozen houseplants in the Southwest corner of the house, given to her by various friends over the years. It's a good location, with windows on two sides - and looks like a jungle. She has made it plain that those are 'her babies', and I venture into that corner at my peril. :rolleyes: Which is quite reasonable, given that I have taken up half of one bathroom for the seed starting shelves. We may be empty nesters, but plants seem to have (mostly) filled the void.

Latest posts