A Flower from Childhood

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Grandparents can be strong disciplinarians.

I remember being at the table with my grandmother and reaching in front of her for something. She hit my hand with the jam spoon ..!

It may have been strawberry jam on the spoon. Hurt and I thought that I was bleeeeding! She apologized for making me cry.

stevie

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have some plants hosta, lily of valley, rose of sharen and lilac that came from plants my grandmother planted. The lilac only flowers every other year and by mid summer covered in mildew but my favorite

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom I bet every kid did what you did with snapdragons. I did as well. Still like them. They were coming up wild but only the ugly pink ones. Red, white, nope.....

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Grandma E never had a garden when I was a child, but tells stories of the one she had when her children where small. No flowers. Grandma G like petunias best and the spicy scent of marigolds.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Grandma was portulaca. We called it moss.

Mom when I was a child wasn’t into flowers much. Later, 4 O’Clocks.

4 O'Clocks rang a bell for me and sure enough those are the grenade shaped seeds i was thinking of from my younger days. those were Grandma's flowers and we brought some of those seeds with us to the new place and grew them for a few years.

Latest posts