A Hello from Maine!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
We Usually try to do all things on the cheap, mostly bc, like Golf and other hobbies, the industry can nickle and dime your bank account out of existence, BUT, I would recommend that you buy a raised bed kit like this one:
You can sit in a chair and garden this way.
We mostly here overdo it, but, all of the smartest gardening articles suggest starting small. With a raised bed like this one, you can import your soil and control it and still be able to tend to your plants.
MAKE SURE END OF SEASON that somebody helps you store this INDOORS! You live in Maine, probably zones 4 or 5 and ice can crack any container, which is what this is, a Large container.
Btw, this is a Great read:

DogAndCat36

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
You have come to the right place. We are a friendly bunch of people who love to garden. What do you want to plant, what do you like to eat?
Thank you!
I don't eat many vegetables because they cost too much. I plan on growing just a bunch of different ones and see which ones taste the best. I have relatives that will most likely take the disliked ones. I am definitely planning on growing rhubarb and trying eggplant. 😁

Latest posts