A.M. Kuska's 2024 Garden

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is fantastic! It actually showed me the proplifting one too...I guess they really want to encourage me to take home more plants!

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just set up the new time lapse! I brought in some photography lights. It's a bit dim because my big ones won't fit, but at least it won't be super shadowy. I have 3 pea plants growing in it, all planted at different depths. I'm looking forward to seeing it!

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Might it be possible to slow down the time lapse video just a bit? It all happened so quickly. :)
Yes I can! At least on future ones anyway. I didn't know how long it would take to see movement, so I had it set to add a frame ever 3 hours. This next one is set to take a picture every 2 hours. If that's too fast I'll try every hour. :)

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
The garden is really coming along! My tomatoes almost entirely sprouted, and are just getting their true leaves. I think I need to move them a touch closer to the light, but they seem to be doing really well. I'll probably pot the bigger ones up soon.
IMG_20240201_075539.jpg

IMG_20240201_075517.jpg

This is my pea plant timelapse, and I'm afraid its a bust. I was using jars so we could see the root system grow, which has no drainage for water. I think they got too wet and molded. I am going to try again after wringing out the soil.
IMG_20240201_075647.jpg

This is Gabby! Gabby is the name of our new blueberry bush. I was planning to start some from seed but the package is still sitting in my freezer I think! I'll have to dig around for my seeds and give it a go.

Update on the puppy front! Tank is playing a "bad boy" type in a what sort of Chihuahua are you video. Doesn't he look cool?

A lot of hotdogs went into him agreeing to do this video let me tell you
IMG_20240131_155231.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240201_075524.jpg
    IMG_20240201_075524.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is one cool chihuahua! Great jacket, and the sunglasses are just perfect! 😍

A while back on recycling day I found a couple of seedling trays that are very similar to yours; there was one vented humidity dome too. They are likely from a Dollar Store, so not super high quality but handy just the same. I am using them to grow mustard seeds and I too am very pleased with this design. In particular, I appreciate that the flat plastic rim of the tray makes it difficult for fungus gnats to reach the bottom of the plugs, limiting their ability to lay their eggs in the moist soil in the bottom of the cell. So far I have been top watering, but these trays would also be easy to bottom water. The ones I found are clear plastic, making it easy to see what the roots are doing.

What brand are the trays that you are using AMKuska?

Attachments

• IMG_20240201_081948962.jpg
    IMG_20240201_081948962.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is one cool chihuahua! Great jacket, and the sunglasses are just perfect! 😍

A while back on recycling day I found a couple of seedling trays that are very similar to yours; there was one vented humidity dome too. They are likely from a Dollar Store, so not super high quality but handy just the same. I am using them to grow mustard seeds and I too am very pleased with this design. In particular, I appreciate that the flat plastic rim of the tray makes it difficult for fungus gnats to reach the bottom of the plugs, limiting their ability to lay their eggs in the moist soil in the bottom of the cell. So far I have been top watering, but these trays would also be easy to bottom water. The ones I found are clear plastic, making it easy to see what the roots are doing.

What brand are the trays that you are using AMKuska?
I have no idea! My mother-in-law showered me with gifts this Christmas, and one of them was a giant stack of these! I suspect they're a bulk buy off of Amazon. She gave me a really nice pepper dome last year (as a just because gift) and I took such a shine to them, she bought me about 50 for Christmas!

She also got me a seed saving kit, which is about 30 tin and glass containers in a tin box. It's very cool!

Latest posts