A.M. Kuska's 2024 Garden

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I usually start my garden in 2024, but this year got to a very slow start. Rocco passed away in October, so I did not feel like starting my garden then. By the time December rolled around, I realized I hadn't ordered my seeds! Between my new seeds arriving and some very generous presents from my family, I feel really motivated to garden now.

Christmas Gifts of the year was a soil block maker, a whole bunch of the pepper starting trays I have 2 of and love. Some tiny little jars for seed saving, and a time-lapse camera so I can take videos of the plants growing! It looks a bit odd in the grow tent right now because of the pink light and the shadows, but I'm looking forward to seeing my plants grow and charting their growth in a whole different way.

DSC09990.JPG

Here's my tomatoes in. The white block in the corner is the camera! If it works out I'll post the video, shadows and weird colors and all.
DSC09986.JPG

Another fun thing I got myself is this light box. I plan to spend some time playing with it with different plants and lights to see if I can make some cool photos.

I'm very excited for the year! It's going to be a great one.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I usually start my garden in 2024, but this year got to a very slow start. Rocco passed away in October, so I did not feel like starting my garden then. By the time December rolled around, I realized I hadn't ordered my seeds! Between my new seeds arriving and some very generous presents from my family, I feel really motivated to garden now.

Christmas Gifts of the year was a soil block maker, a whole bunch of the pepper starting trays I have 2 of and love. Some tiny little jars for seed saving, and a time-lapse camera so I can take videos of the plants growing! It looks a bit odd in the grow tent right now because of the pink light and the shadows, but I'm looking forward to seeing my plants grow and charting their growth in a whole different way.

View attachment 63409
Here's my tomatoes in. The white block in the corner is the camera! If it works out I'll post the video, shadows and weird colors and all.
View attachment 63410
Another fun thing I got myself is this light box. I plan to spend some time playing with it with different plants and lights to see if I can make some cool photos.

I'm very excited for the year! It's going to be a great one.
So sorry to hear that Rocco passed away AMKuska. But it sounds like you have some remarkable tools to start the new year, and we will all get to benefit vicariously when you post time-lapse videos or images from your new light box. I have never even heard of a light box, so I will be very interested to learn more about it.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that Rocco passed away AMKuska. But it sounds like you have some remarkable tools to start the new year, and we will all get to benefit vicariously when you post time-lapse videos or images from your new light box. I have never even heard of a light box, so I will be very interested to learn more about it.
He was almost 14, and was in congestive heart failure, so we knew it was coming. :( He was my first dog though so kind of a shock to not have him anymore.

I've really gotten into photography lately and want to take beautiful pictures of the garden. A light box allows you to focus on a single object, like a potted plant, and it evenly lights the whole thing. I haven't quite figured out how to make the lights that it came with light it that way, but only just started experimenting.

DSC00254.JPG

Here's a picture I took a while ago with my new camera. :) I'm hoping to get photos just as beautiful, but with my plants.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
so nice to have you back! How are the kids?
My son managed to stir up a pot of hornets at school, so he's now trying online school. So far so good, making A's and B's. My daughter is some kind of child-genius, and is going to a more challenging school next year.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_20240127_184405.jpg
Working on hot peppers! Last year I had great results with grandpas home, so I started a whole flat of them.

Last year I had a problem with little helpers replacing my labels, so this year my husband hit on a great solution to label the base. We photographed it so even if the yellow labels get taken out I still have the base.

I got a late start today because it was Leias birthday! She's 13.
FB_IMG_1706394724528.jpg

She had a meat loaf cake which she really liked!

Latest posts