A.M. Kuska's 2024 Garden

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got the ingredients for an experimental chiffon cake! I don't know when I'll find time to bake it, but hopefully this week.

Got all my cold weather crops that need to be started indoors planted, and potted up some tomatoes!
Repotted Tomato Seedling.JPG

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I made my husband and I chair covers for our desk chairs today too. Mine is really ratty, but still rolls good. My husband's is brand new, and he wants to keep it nice. A chair cover for each solved both problems!

My first time making my own pattern too.
IMG_20240213_195324.jpg

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, guess I haven't updated this in a while!

Things are going good in the garden. The cold season crops are straining to get out of their cups, so I put them out to harden off. The plants were so much happier outside that after just a couple of days I let them stay outdoors. I guess they thought the grow tent was too warm.

I got a new strawberry from the store, but haven't yet opened it to see if its any good yet.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was a nice day out today so I spent a long time outside. Got the pea garden set and the back garden weeded, fertilized and ready to go. My daughter had an early release so we invited her friend over. They spent most of the day outside playing and enjoying the sun too.

It is very evident that my daughter is ready for fresh veggies from the garden. Slice up some carrots for a stew and they're whisked off the moment your back is turned. Huge veggie trays with cauliflower and broccoli disappear without a trace. Think you can buy a sufficient stock of snap peas? HA!

We found a purple variety of cauliflower that she's excited to get her hands on. Hopefully it grows for us!

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today was fantastic! My daughter was invited to a birthday party. We're friends with the whole family but they moved so we don't see them often. My son is good friends with the older brother in the family, so he came too and they had a great time. The older boy is also a gardener, and the new house has a bunch of raised garden beds!

I helped him weed one of the garden beds while the kids were busy playing. :) It was a great time.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_20240317_143256.jpg

My efforts for the day. Garden is weeded, mulch mostly taken off.
IMG_20240316_184354.jpg

One of my flowers
IMG_20240316_184105.jpg

New buds on Emily's tree
IMG_20240316_184034.jpg

Fall garlic is coming up big. I have some spring garlic too

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband gave me the amkuska equivalent of a giant bouquet of roses today. I spent all day outside in the front yard working on the side garden, so I didn't see him working on a raised garden bed in my backyard.

This particular bed doesn't seem to be doing well. What ever I plant in it always seems to have lackluster growth. He discovered that the whole thing is a gigantic root system, from what we don't know, and though it appears weeded on the top it's not down below.

It's a bit of a mystery what it could be from because we've planted things like tomatoes in the past there, and the rootballs usually come up at the end of the year.

He sifted the whole thing as far down as he could get. <3 He's so sweet.

Latest posts