A Nice Little Bonus

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
little seeds are not how i would describe "love in a mist" seeds. ours are 4-5mm across... good luck! :)
JB-TRADERS-Kalonji-1-kg-SDL508450050-1-06670.jpg

Are you sure what you have isn't "love in a puff" not love in a mist
cardiospermum_bota_04-054.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
no, they're solid black seeds and not what i would call tiny at all.

to me tiny seeds are those like what comes from the annual poppies or the pinks we have that wander around.

Trish Stretton

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The seeds may be Nigella.
This is an old type of Love in the mist, I now have this self sowing in my yard....only took three years.
The seeds are small, dull black and to me them taste like flowers smell. Great sprinkled over bread before baking.
I use mine in all sorts of different things from curries to soups ad stews in balance with other secret ingredients of course.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i didn't even know the seeds were edible. we have tons of them wandering around the front gardens. i'm going to have to look into that further... :)

Trish Stretton

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I cant even remember where I first learnt about this plant, but at the time was looking for ways to grow herbs and spices in my garden. I had to find things that would actually grow here to replace things that just wouldnt. One example is peppercorns. Not ever going to grow here even if i could find viable seed, so the native plant Horopito was chosen- the leaves have a similar taste.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Now WHO in the world would have thought that you could get seeds from a tea bag???
That's wild. I can't wait to hear if it grows for you.
That's funny... Yet amazing... It's just like winning the lottery... who would have known right? :D:D:D

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's tempered a little by the fact that I have since discovered that you actually CAN buy seeds for Greek tea (Ricter's Herbs carries them). Still, free seed is free seed.