A Perfect Gardening Hat

SewingDiva

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
SO - after quite a bit of searching, I found what I consider to be the perfect gardening hat:

2576881884_ee12e47efb_m.jpg

2576052051_7b58642d53_o.jpg
2576905108_3a4cf77ff2_o.jpg

I really love it! It weighs virtually nothing but is rated for SPF 50, the brim is 4 inches wide and the Legionnaire styele drape at the back completely covers my neck while I'm in the sun.

The crown is also ventilated, it has an adjustable buckle in the back, and the dark underbrim reduces glare. Plus it's made in the USA.

I found it on this web site:

Sungrubbies

NAYY
:coolsun
~Phyllis

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That *is* a nice hat, and really serves it's purpose!

I wonder if they can get a pair to me by the fourth?

Thank you! :)

SewingDiva

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Tutter said:
That *is* a nice hat, and really serves it's purpose!

I wonder if they can get a pair to me by the fourth?

Thank you! :)
I think you could Tutter - I got mine in about 5 days.

There is also a velcro square on the back, and so you can roll up the back drape for more ventilation.

The inside has a padded sweat band too.

~Phyllis

SewingDiva

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
simple life said:
WOW you and your husband are an attractive couple sewing diva. Thanks for modeling them for us.:lol:
:lol:

When I first wore it in the garden, my kids said "Mom, you look like Babci" - my 78 year old mother! Who has no sun damage either, so you can bet I don't mind looking like her!

There's actually more to this garden fashion project - I want to find Solarweave SPF 30 fabric by the yard to make a garden tunic and pants as well.

:)

~Phyllis

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
SewingDiva said:
I think you could Tutter - I got mine in about 5 days.

There is also a velcro square on the back, and so you can roll up the back drape for more ventilation.

The inside has a padded sweat band too.

~Phyllis
Thank you!

I would love one for the garden, but also my son spends all day, on the 4th, (And a couple of other days of the year.) out in 100+ degree weather, with no shade. And the ventilation is good, because he's next to large boilers, too.

He uses sunscreen, but gets burned anyway, and the back of the neck is a problem area.

Thanks again! :)

Latest posts