a rumor going round ```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
IMG_0725.JPG
IMG_0726.JPG
IMG_0727.JPG

Well ~ I patched in a temporary Transfer Switch & have the cable ready to tie into the generator ``` It was/will ~ God willing ~ go into that sub panel ~ later ~ I have hooked up the pump house and the furnace ~ I'll hook the fridge and light in the kitchen and front room ~ and we can use lamps~ for the rest ~ we've lots of them ``````
IMG_0731.JPG

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary ~ What's a Mexican hot chocolate ```
You can buy the rounds of it and make it with milk. Brand is Ybarra or Abuelita. You can find it in the Mexican food aisle. It has cinnamon and is very different from regular hot chocolate. Super easy to make.

Mary

rainey

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Cinnamon and chiles and sometimes finely ground almonds. Then you whip it up with a wooden molinillo.

April%20shoot492.jpg

When kids do it they sing this traditional counting song while they roll the long handle of the molinillo through their palms to the rhythm of the song. The loose wooden rings and hollows and surface shapes agitate the chocolate and whip up a foam. My kids learned the song in school when they were young.

rainey

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Down here the news is calling it a Goldilocks storm -- heavy enough in the mountains to create a snow pack but light in the burned out areas that will be able to avoid mudslides as a result.

YAY for California for getting one right!

rainey

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Oops! Sorry if you don't look forward to it. But you sound prepared!

And Santa Barbara County is breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Latest posts