A Seed Saver's Garden

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
How many network beans are you growing this year?

I'm waiting until April when Russ gets back home (I've not been doing well and want to make sure there is a good chance that I can keep the commitment).
I think it is close to 30!

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well @meadow ..:(

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
By the way Heirloomgal, I just came across a note on the Fedco site regarding Canadian seed orders, and it would appear that there is a 'small lot exemption' on quantities under certain thresholds. So unless you went hog wild and ordered huge amounts of one variety of seed I think your order from the U.S. is going to be just fine. (If you put 'Fedco seeds Canadian instructions' in your search engine it should come up).

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The 'Winnebago' corn is so pretty! What a pickle I'm in with all this corn to choose from for 2023. 😌
20230114_183014 (1).jpg

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This has absolutely nothing to do with gardening, but as I have been sorting SD cards and finding old photos I thought I'd post these few. Still crazy when I think of it! Some time ago I wrote about a wolf that chased my car as I drove past him along a road in a pretty remote area. Actually I stopped, had a look, took a photo, and pulled away. Then he chased us for a ways, so we stopped again. He came right up to the window but by that point I had put my tablet down and was giving him a peanut butter cookie. Poor guy, something must have been wrong with him. He looks pretty skinny.
20170730_182153.jpg
20170730_182532.jpg
20170730_182320.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
This has absolutely nothing to do with gardening, but as I have been sorting SD cards and finding old photos I thought I'd post these few. Still crazy when I think of it! Some time ago I wrote about a wolf that chased my car as I drove past him along a road in a pretty remote area. Actually I stopped, had a look, took a photo, and pulled away. Then he chased us for a ways, so we stopped again. He came right up to the window but by that point I had put my tablet down and was giving him a peanut butter cookie. Poor guy, something must have been wrong with him. He looks pretty skinny.View attachment 54505View attachment 54506View attachment 54507

maybe a pup from a parent that was hunted or killed by accidents or disease?

Eleanor

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This has absolutely nothing to do with gardening, but as I have been sorting SD cards and finding old photos I thought I'd post these few. Still crazy when I think of it! Some time ago I wrote about a wolf that chased my car as I drove past him along a road in a pretty remote area. Actually I stopped, had a look, took a photo, and pulled away. Then he chased us for a ways, so we stopped again. He came right up to the window but by that point I had put my tablet down and was giving him a peanut butter cookie. Poor guy, something must have been wrong with him. He looks pretty skinny.View attachment 54505View attachment 54506View attachment 54507

From its tall pointed ears and long narrow snout, that is a coyote, which imho is even more dangerous than a wolf since coyotes are absolutely adapted to live among people, taking whatever they want, whenever they want (small pets, free-range livestock, ...) I would seriously reconsider feeding it if you ever cross paths again. I dred this time of year as soon our resident coyotes will start in with their nightly bouts of truly maniacal laughter as breeding season gets underway.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
From its tall pointed ears and long narrow snout, that is a coyote, which imho is even more dangerous than a wolf since coyotes are absolutely adapted to live among people, taking whatever they want, whenever they want (small pets, free-range livestock, ...) I would seriously reconsider feeding it if you ever cross paths again. I dred this time of year as soon our resident coyotes will start in with their nightly bouts of truly maniacal laughter as breeding season gets underway.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I bet he loved that peanut butter cookie!
He did! He got a healthy snack there, because it was sugar free and gluten free! lol I think I still remember it was a peanut butter cookie I gave him because I was in such a state of shock and it's all sort of frozen in my memory. In all my years living up north, even much further than where I am now, I can count on one hand how many glimpses I've seen of wolves over the years.