A Seed Saver's Garden

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder if Soya Ezonishiki is one @Zeedman is familiar with? (probably! but worth drawing his attention just in case :p )
Yes, I am familiar with Ezonishiki. It is a very early, bi-colored edamame, with a decent yield for such an early variety. Even a little higher in protein (43%) than most of the green-seeded commercial varieties. I last grew it in 2017. It was scheduled for renewal this year, but unfortunately was one of the many varieties canceled.

I'm still lurking, and may pop in occasionally... but I'm struggling with the loss of my dearest Love, and am not sure if / how much I'll be gardening this year. None of my nightshades have been started, so no peppers, tomatoes, or eggplant this year unless I buy plants. Everything planned for the rural garden has been canceled, the only thing growing there is the 2021/2022 garlic planting... and I may give up that plot entirely except for maintaining my garlic. I hope to plant the home gardens; but will have to triage to grow only the most critical, and freeze everything else to keep the seeds alive. This could be the end of the road for much of my collection. :(

My family is supporting me as best they can, but I still have many issues to deal with, and I don't have the heart for much else yet. I'll explain more when I'm able.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes, I am familiar with Ezonishiki. It is a very early, bi-colored edamame, with a decent yield for such an early variety. Even a little higher in protein (43%) than most of the green-seeded commercial varieties. I last grew it in 2017. It was scheduled for renewal this year, but unfortunately was one of the many varieties canceled.

I'm still lurking, and may pop in occasionally... but I'm struggling with the loss of my dearest Love, and am not sure if / how much I'll be gardening this year. None of my nightshades have been started, so no peppers, tomatoes, or eggplant this year unless I buy plants. Everything planned for the rural garden has been canceled, the only thing growing there is the 2021/2022 garlic planting... and I may give up that plot entirely except for maintaining my garlic. I hope to plant the home gardens; but will have to triage to grow only the most critical, and freeze everything else to keep the seeds alive. This could be the end of the road for much of my collection. :(

My family is supporting me as best they can, but I still have many issues to deal with, and I don't have the heart for much else yet. I'll explain more when I'm able.
I'm really am so sorry for your loss I know this heartbreak only too well :(
It's so hard to get your heart into anything at these times. In saying this it would be a little comfort if you can start growing again. ❤️

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

My deepest condolences. I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5

🙏🙏🙏 for your loss.
You are Always welcome to pop in and out. We will be here for you when you need us. :hugs

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

I'm really am so sorry for your loss I know this heartbreak only too well :(
It's so hard to get your heart into anything at these times. In saying this it would be a little comfort if you can start growing again. ❤️
🌹❤️May the constant love

Of

Caring friends
Soften your sadness

May

Cherished memories
Bring you
Moments of comfort

May

Lasting peace
Surround your
Grieving heart ❤ 🌹

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Flowers I planted late last fall are finally starting to bloom. They'll all have to be moved elsewhere soon as I planted them in the main garden, but it's been really enjoyable to have some colour in the backyard at this time of year. I haven't planted bulbs much, so it was all an experiment. One thing for sure, all the diversity shown on the daffodil packages wasn't true! Most are yellow on yellow, but they were beautiful anyway. The hyacinths have been my favourite, the smell is like heaven. 🌤️

20220512_170951_resized_1.jpg
20220512_171529_resized.jpg
20220512_171932_resized.jpg
20220512_172344_resized.jpg
20220512_171939_resized.jpg
20220512_171507_resized.jpg
20220512_170807_resized.jpg
20220512_170904_resized.jpg
20220512_171042_resized.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
... One thing for sure, all the diversity shown on the daffodil packages wasn't true! Most are yellow on yellow, but they were beautiful anyway. The hyacinths have been my favourite, the smell is like heaven. 🌤️

my discouragement with bulb companies was fully engaged after years of trying to get things that looked like what i'd ordered. several times the company would ship me replacements at no charge because that was their stated policy. however, many times the replacements weren't right either. i gave up. we now have thousands of daffodils and many of them all look alike and they need to be thinned out and/or removed.

Latest posts