After Christmas.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
How many of you keep you tree's and decorations up until after the New Year? Now that Christmas is over, I kind of want to get my house back to normal, but don't have the heart to take down all the pretty lights. I love watching my twinkle lights at night.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
The 12th day of Christmas -- January 6th - feast of the Epiphany (or three king's day) is the first day I will consider taking down the Christmas tree and holiday decorations. As a child, the tree went up on Christmas Eve and down January 6th. Of course I put mine up just after Thanksgiving, but never take it down earlier. Family tradition I suppose.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mine will come down when I have the energy and patience to do it. Maybe today, maybe not for a couple of weeks. I have often been tempted to just add a bunch of red hearts and call it a Valentines Tree. That way I could put off the dismantling till the end of February.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We usually take it down when we're not too busy to do it. We've talked about hanging colored eggs on ours and calling it the Easter tree. :D

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
We usually take it down when we're not too busy to do it. We've talked about hanging colored eggs on ours and calling it the Easter tree. :D

I actually HAVE redecorated it through Spring
sEm_blush7.gif

But just that one time.......

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Funny to see this post today because I'm sitting here, staring at the pile of needles under the tree, and debating whether to take it down today or not. I usually de-Christmas my house in phases. The tree comes down first, and then I gradually take down the other decorations. Seems less painful to me that way.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mine comes down before New Years generally. Some times way
before New Years. Kid#2 came out yesterday morning and said "the trees still up!?" Ha. Funny kid. I'm never that fast.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will start dismantling the tree and decorations right after New Years, but it may take me to the end of January to get everything boxed up and back down to the basement.
shame.gif

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Most of the decorations get put away the 1st week in January. Outside lights may just be unplugged and put away when a warm day comes. s for the tree... after years of bickering with DH to help... the tree now stay up ALL year. I just change decorations for the season. :) There are snowmen on now that will stay until February when hearts replace them, then green with shamrocks and spring flowers. Changing to Summer flowers and patriotic items (red, white, blue) for the summer months. Come Sept. fall items will take over adding Halloween and Thanksgiving items as the seasons arrive. ;)

Latest posts