After Death

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
well,i have rooster named CC. he started out as Cecelia when i thought he was a female chick, then it just went to became CC short for Crazy Chicken. he's not really crazy but he does deviate from the norm for a rooster-sort of like Chickie was. gentle rooster that lets me pick him up, pet him, talk to him and will come trotting over to me if i called him for treats. he doesn't fuss when i do any of that to him like most of the other boys did.

@Nyboy, has the bird gotten any better about the biting? it might just take her some time to calm down before she/he mellows a bit & stops it. i do recommend the treats as a sort of bonding/disarming tool to get her/him to recognize you as a good person.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chickie she has gotten so much better, steps up, loves being out of cage. She will fly over to my desk and play with anything on it. I am really starting to enjoy her. I do wish she would be better about going to bathroom in one place LOL. I was thinking Carol the photo doesn't show how bright colors are. Aren't males the pretty ones in birds ? The first puppy I ever bred was a female, I named her Charlie, she was a Cavalier King Charles.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chickie she has gotten so much better, steps up, loves being out of cage. She will fly over to my desk and play with anything on it. I am really starting to enjoy her. I do wish she would be better about going to bathroom in one place LOL. I was thinking Carol the photo doesn't show how bright colors are. Aren't males the pretty ones in birds ? The first puppy I ever bred was a female, I named her Charlie, she was a Cavalier King Charles.
I most birds yes. But not sure with parrots. Male and female are colored very much the same. BRIGHT :cool:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I read that telling the sex of a green cheeked conure requires DNA testing. They are identical in color, markings, etc.

I'm REALLY glad that she is settling in so quickly. Sounds like she likes you!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score

I am sorry about your brother, but the bird is amazing.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had one for25 years. It got jealous of Ava and would get furious when she was here, to the point that it took a big chunk from my thumb while I was feeding him. My thumb hurt for weeks when I went to pick something up. Finally, I donated him to the Berkshire Bird Paradise, where he still is today. He would not even let me talk on the phone but would start screaming for attention. It just got to the point that I could no longer tolerate him. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Last edited:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had one for25 years. It got jealous of Ava and would get furious when she was here, to the point that it took a big chunk from my thumb while I was feeding him. My thumb hurt for weeks when I went to pick something up. Finally, I donated him to the Berkshire Bird Paradise, where he still is today. He would not even let me talk on the phone but would start screaming for attention. It just got to the point that I could no longer tolerate him. I hope you have better luck than I did.
And they live so damned long!!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh My Goodness!!! I had forgotten all about the birds!
How are they doing???? UPDATES!!

Latest posts