Albino Deer

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My father had a cousin who was albino -- white hair, big bushy white eyebrows, pink eyes and all. I don't remember him that well, but I know he didn't spend much time out and always had a hat on except when he did come inside.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay is he albino?
The jury is still arguing about albino horses. There is an Albino Horse registry that allows brown eyes. I think we are intelligent enough to know that cannot be a true albino.

Joe is considered to be a Cremello, which is a color, not a breed. Joe is a Quarter Horse by breed. Cremello is a double dilute cream gene. Two Palominos will often produce a double dilute, or Cremello. Joe is the result of such a breeding. There are no known albino horses, as albinos have pink eyes and that gene is said to not exist in horses.

http://whitehorseproductions.com/white.html

Joe is gorgeous and he is the love of my life. :love He is the sweetest horse, calm, unruffled and if there is such a thing as a bomb proof horse, he is it. In 17 years, he has spooked one time. One.

Cohen\'s 1st ride #2.JPG

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Bay Joes probably leucistic. However getting people to understand let alone agree that is a whole different issue.

The deer in the video to me looks like a whitetail. He's in velvet. Look at the background that's all green plants including shots of him in standing corn that's still green. Right time of the year too for velvet.

That's a mature buck too. He's at least 3 if not 4+ years old. So obviously he survived coyotes and disease. Short of him getting weak/sick/injured I don't think too many other predators are going to want to take a chance on making a meal of him. Too much work against the odds of successfully making him a meal make him a very undesirable target.

Even if he survives and isn't hunted he might be forced to be celibate. Hard to say if many if any does will stand for him to breed. So he might be a 1 trick pony :D

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jared thats a great point a lot of people are missing! Everyone is ranting about his genes being passed on, who really knows if any females would breed to him being differnt.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, I've seen those Lipizzaner stallions perform. Made me want to go out and buy a white horse and learn how to ride it standing up!

Mary
Made you want to go out and buy a white horse -- yet you've never had a good whiff of good horse flesh? Amazing.

I spent hours riding through the wilderness with my nose close up to my horse's flowing mane as a child -- girl and horse moving as one. It was wonderful times!
Then the teacher would call on me and poof, I was back in the classroom doing math. Sigh!

Latest posts