Albino Deer

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Whenever they needed it. :) Usually 2 or 3 times during the summer and one time just before winter set in. I used Murphey's Oil soap. Smelled good, didn't irritate their skin. Use it on the dogs too.

Hmmmm - Murphey's Oil Soap - never thought of that. Isn't it made from vegetable oil?

Off topic . . . I have always been amused at Nurphey's Oil soap and why it's supposed to be for wood products. Just about all wood products have some kind of finish (paint, urethane, varnish, oil, etc.) which acts as a sealer and the soap never really touches the wood.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I always though the idea was that, as the soap is a semi-solid lipid it would improve the appearance by filling in any scratches (sort of like wax does)

Returning to the potential mating successes of the aforementioned white hart, I'm not so sure his color would be that much of a deterrent. Animals often have very different standards of what is a "deal breaker" in mating or acceptance. In one of by books on cryptozoology, I remember reading an account from the late 18th or early 19th century of a hairless blue "horse" that was found in a herd of quagga (a now extinct subspecies of zebra with a mostly brown coat and stripes in only a few places) which was caught, tamed, brought to England, and actually raced for part of one of the Derby seasons. While the age of the report makes the details a little sketcy, most modern reasearchers tend to assume that the "horse" was itself a quagga and that its herd mates simply did not recognize is strange appearance as being significant. Albinos may have a lot of extra hurdles to survival, but for social species, rejection by groupmates isn't usually one of them. That albino humpback whale that lives off Australia is now pretty close to full grown (long since past the age when it has it's mothers protection and it fellow pod members don't seem inclined to kick it out.) Up until poachers killed her parents, Snowflake (as far as I recall) was a well accepted baby white gorilla. That buck is strong, healthy and has one hell of a rack by now. To a doe, he's probably PRIME mating material.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Couple years back on the east side of Lake Tahoe, a Sheriff shot a bear that broken into a lady's house, she phoned for help, while hiding with her child in a bedroom. He, the sheriff was getting death threats also for action taken to protect a family.

Sorry the deer was taken but it was his time.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is the most insane thing I have read in a long time. Woman and her child hiding in fear, what was he supose to do make a trail of cookie back to the woods? I don't understand people that would put a animals life over a persons.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think this type of response is just another example of how people are getting more polarized in their emotions. Issues are either good or bad, right or wrong, black or white. No room for moderation. This, and the anonymous nature of the internet---Pretty sure these various death threats weren't in person---makes for a nation of rude folks.
It is also my personal thought that some of the chemicals we are ingesting in food on a regular basis are making us crazy. I would like to see a study of the diets of all the serial killers and other wackos.

Latest posts