Am I the last to know?

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
"I am so sorry Nittygrittydirtdigger for the totally intrusive rant but I hope you can find that Nichols is not owned by Monsanto "

You don't owe me any apology. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty happy that my (what I thought was an inocuous) question turned into a dialog about where our seeds come from, etc.

What an amazing forum; divergent opinions being expressed without apparent rancor or name-calling. Very refreshing.

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
nittygrittydirtdigger said:
What an amazing forum; divergent opinions being expressed without apparent rancor or name-calling. Very refreshing.
Isn't it though!!? Gardeners are COOL!!!!! :cool:

Perhaps we can compile a list of seed sellers that aren't influenced by Monsanto...now that all the opinions have been expressed.

I love this site b/c everyone is so laid back and respectful. :)

:rainbow-sun

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:

Perhaps we can compile a list of seed sellers that aren't influenced by Monsanto...now that all the opinions have been expressed.

um have you ever met me? :weee :ya :tongue :bee :he :barnie :throw

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
big brown horse said:

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about YOU!!!!

Everyone except HiDelight!! :plbb Watch out for her!!

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:smack BBH. :gig

Well, I didn't really intend to seek out a small local seed saving company, but I happened across a list of small seed saving businesses on someone's blog a while back, and noticed one was close to me. I think it makes a lot of sense to buy seeds that have been successfully grown locally and that are open pollinated and/or heirloom varieties.

If some of you want to buy Monsanto seeds, I guess I really don't care, so long as I can buy Monsanto-free seeds. What does bother me is that few of the people just getting into gardening understand that the source of their seeds and the quality of the genetic material might be important.

It also really irks me that some of those gm seeds may be responsible for the honey bee decline. :bee

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
HiDelight said:
big brown horse said:

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about YOU!!!!

Everyone except HiDelight!! :plbb Watch out for her!!
see ;)

Latest posts