1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Member's New Trailer - The Tools & Supplies Discussion Thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

AMKuska's 2019 Garden Thread

Discussion in 'Fruits & Vegetables' started by AMKuska, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Feb 11, 2019
    flowerbug

flowerbug Garden Addicted

thank you so much for your reply, i've been worried... forgive typoes? haha... AWLT typo stuff ye speak of... :)

baymule and thistlebloom like this.
  2. Feb 12, 2019
    baymule

baymule Garden Master

I am so glad to hear from you and that you and family are ok. Fire is devastating. Things you loved is just gone. Your home is damaged, but it can be repaired. Glad that it isn't any worse than it is. God Bless you, I admire and love your determination and spirit to have a garden. I hope it is the best garden you have ever had.
    You have a guardian angel. :rainbowflower

Rhodie Ranch likes this.
  3. Feb 19, 2019 at 6:12 PM
    AMKuska

AMKuska Deeply Rooted

great news everybody! We found a rental home! And you guys are never going to guess where.

Guessed yet?

If you guessed next door to my own house, you guessed right! Well...two doors down, but still. Practically next door. Best part of all is that my computer will be cleaned and ready to go next tuesday, so starting on the 27th you guys will hear from us more regularly.

And yes, they accepted all four pets. My housing agent made me get an appointment to license them as "emotional support dogs" in order to make it easier to find housing. It really bothers me that after putting so much time into getting CGCs and other proof of their good behavior, I still have to do this.

4. Feb 19, 2019 at 7:40 PM
    bobm

bobm Garden Addicted

About 30 years ago, I managed a 149 unit apartment building. You will NOT believe how much DAMAGE a dog and / or cat do to an apartment / home in a matter of a day or a few. Example : a new tenant moved into an apartment with their dog... the next day they whent to work ... their black lab mongrel destroyed every wall in the living room as well as all of the kitchen cabinets. Another tenant moved in with 2 cats. In a few days those two cats had urinated all over brand new carpeting in the apartment and clawed a corner of the living room carpet to shreds. Etc. ... :idunno :caf

5. Feb 19, 2019 at 9:46 PM
    thistlebloom

thistlebloom Garden Master

That's good news! Now it will be more convenient to take care of your plant starts, as well as other conveniences.

6. Feb 20, 2019 at 2:02 AM
    Rhodie Ranch

Rhodie Ranch Garden Addicted

I smiled at your good news! Way to go!!!!

7. Feb 20, 2019 at 4:12 AM
    baymule

baymule Garden Master

I am so happy for you!!! This is good news. You might not be home, but at least you are close by! So now you wrangle with the insurance company and start the process of repairing your home?

8. Feb 20, 2019 at 5:01 AM
    Collector

Collector Garden Addicted

Glad to hear you are all ok and getting housing right by your house. That means you can keep your garden plan going. You all stay safe and keep us updated on all you goings on.