AMKuska's 2021 Garden

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Use ”left brain man mentality” when you add it to the milk. ‘If a little’s good, a lot’s better”.
the recipe says 10-1 but i usually have a bit left over and when i started adding more i noticed it seemed to hurry the process along some. In my environment it usually takes my rice water 5-7 days to get “the smell” im after then another 3-5 days to go thru the separation stage. By adding more starch water earlier, i have had the separation complete in 3 days!

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bake them partially so they are dry, and partly so I at least know they are sterile should my daughter find a way to scale the walls of the kitchen and access them to play with. She's definitely good at problem solving, that one.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today, I got a letter in the mail from @digitS' !! It had the seeds in it from the La Madera squashes! I'm so very, VERY excited to try them!! They almost had an early doom. First my husband thinking "Heey hey...pumpkin seeds! I'll just roast these." and then my daughter literally climbing the cupboard doors for a look and thinking, "Hmm...these could be tasty."

Luckily, they're squirreled away ready to be planted when I do my annual greenhouse clean up. :) Thank you, thank you Steve!!!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
if you are having problems when moving plants in and out it may be from the change in the brightness of the sun and the plants not be accustomed to it. normally when hardening plants off to go outside i put them in dappled sunlight for a few days before i move them out further for a few more days and then into their regular planting spots. also have to make sure they are not getting roasted or dried out in the sun or wind.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
if you are having problems when moving plants in and out it may be from the change in the brightness of the sun and the plants not be accustomed to it. normally when hardening plants off to go outside i put them in dappled sunlight for a few days before i move them out further for a few more days and then into their regular planting spots. also have to make sure they are not getting roasted or dried out in the sun or wind.

Hmm, @flowerbug you may have sloothed out why my plants don't seem to like me very much once they go outside. I usually put them on my deck to harden off which is the brightest, hottest, sunniest location in my backyard. I figured they'd benefit from the light, but maybe they'd do better under the trees.

Latest posts