AMKuska's 2023 Garden

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Just Tried the "Indigo Mountain Girl" tomato. I'm pretty sure this is what I'll plant from now on. What amazing flavor! It's juicy! It's flavorful! It cuts nicely!

I would show you a picture, but I already ate it. :drool
:love
I am so shy to "eat on the go" from my garden every year.
Usually I squish a tomato carrying it around and then I Have to eat it. It's the law...

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a harvest!! Under those carrots is a massive pile of potatoes. I'm going to prepare something for dinner with all this but not sure what yet

Attachments

• IMG_20230821_084940.jpg
    IMG_20230821_084940.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 58

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm making a tomato sauce with 3 pounds of fresh tomatoes gathered from my garden. What a difference from last year!! The flesh of the tomatoes were thick, the skin peeled easily after a brief scalding, and though they smelled raw, they had a tomato smell going into the sauce.

I sampled a bit or two of tomato here and there as I peeled them (to make sure none were flavorless.) They all had great tomato flavor.

It's bubbling away now and I had a taste of the raw sauce. You can tell its not cooked, but still has an amazing flavor! My daughter was hovering under the blender when I blended some to make it more saucy and asked if she could drink it.

She's willing to wait for spaghetti tomorrow.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
These tasted amazing! I've heard that corn starts to loose its sweetness the moment its picked, so the best kind is the corn picked and cooked immediately. I think that is right, because this corn tasted really good. Hopefully the rest turns out well, as the rest of the corn looks kinda small and whimpy so far.

Latest posts