AMKuska's 2023 Garden

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't remember! I planted these in my front garden years and years ago. They didn't do well so I didn't try again. They popped up again in my backyard, and a nearby garden fellow was so fascinated by them I let him have what I dug out. (Didn't want them because that was my -pepper- garden.)

Here they are again, this time in my tomato bed next door. >_> This time no one else is here to ask for them so I'm going to eat them!
Potatoes have a way of taking over the garden and trying to smother everything else out!

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Husband had a couple of days off work, and helped me finish a few projects. We finished setting the rocks for our pond, and also shoveled out the run of the chicken coop. All that rich, poopy top soil in the chicken run was put through my sorting machine, and will be stored for next years soil amendments. I don't know if I'll get to use them, but it's there if I do!

Wednesday our eldest dog Rocco is going to the vet to get some blood work done. The heart medication he takes is hard on the kidneys. The blood work will tell us how long he has to live. My husband and I talked about it and agreed that if he just has a few months, we'll put off house hunting until he has passed on. If the prognosis is good and he has a few years, we'll search on.

I am hopeful that the bloodwork will come back clean, as he shows little to no sign of health problems. He's a great dog, and we don't mind waiting a few months to keep him from enduring the stress of a move.

Attachments

• DSC06829.JPG
    DSC06829.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC06826.JPG
    DSC06826.JPG
    219.9 KB · Views: 64

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just Tried the "Indigo Mountain Girl" tomato. I'm pretty sure this is what I'll plant from now on. What amazing flavor! It's juicy! It's flavorful! It cuts nicely!

I would show you a picture, but I already ate it. :drool
:love

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Posting a link to the variety as a note to myself: https://wildmountainseeds.com/product/indigo-mountain-girl/
What an interesting sounding tomato. Who would have thought that a tomato could continue producing fruit until January, in an unheated greenhouse in Colorado? Thank you for bringing this one to our attention; it is exactly the kind of tomato that I am interested in for late season production. There are some amazing tomato breeders out there!

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
What an interesting sounding tomato. Who would have thought that a tomato could continue producing fruit until January, in an unheated greenhouse in Colorado? Thank you for bringing this one to our attention; it is exactly the kind of tomato that I am interested in for late season production. There are some amazing tomato breeders out there!
That's why I picked it after my 2022 tomato woes! I thought surely if these can produce in an unheated greenhouse, they'll produce for me over summer. The best part of all is not only do they produce, they taste great!!!

Then again, I could be just mentally scarred from the taste of last year.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
...The best part of all is not only do they produce, they taste great!!!

the color of them is intriguing... i wonder if they're resistant to the crud that gets our plants each season and if they would survive our initial frosts to give an extended season. so they may be worth a try sometime.

Then again, I could be just mentally scarred from the taste of last year.

haha! so far this year is coming along ok. i'm just wondering when the first worm is going to show up. we had so many last year i am sure i did not get them all and they can fly a ways too so...

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's going to be a very hot one today. It was already warm in the early morning when I went to make sure Harold's water was fresh and cold. I wore my pink shoes.

To his credit, he did not eat my shoes while I was getting his water, but when I walked around outside the coop cutting the brambles, he tried to run them down. He hit himself on the fencing, but didn't seem to hurt himself. I suspect that walking around the coop (since I think this was what scared him in the first place) probably was too much for him at this stage.

It may be too hot to work him today, but I'm anxious to get a few more tricks done with him. Why does summer have to be so hot?!

Latest posts