AMKuska's 2023 Garden

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! That is the same pepper as Grandpa's Siberian Home Pepper, right? I have more than a dozen of those plants ready to bump up to larger pots for sharing with friends, and for some reason I had it in my head that it was a sweet pepper. I will have to be careful who I give it to. ;)
Yes, that's another name for it! It was labeled as "Semi-Hot."
😂 he will never admit a failure. I friends like that. I grew up eating very spicy food so when I say "this is spicy" people usually take my word for it.
I had one friend that ate some of my cowboy candy and was sweating like crazy rest of the meal but wouldn't admit that it was spicy.
He can normally handle really really spicy peppers no problem. That's part of why I was surprised and alarmed by him acting like he'd just eaten his Pepper X sauce. Pepper X is rumored to be 3.18 million Scoville heat units, while Grandpa's Home is a much more modest 40,000 to 60,000.

Maybe I have a magical touch for making hot peppers hotter. 🤣

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
My first reaction…… is to answer

Or not!

I guess that would depend on if you actually like that victim, er FRIEND !!!!

I'd probably never do it on purpose, but it'd be suuuuuper funny if you accidentally game someone these "Sweet peppers."
🤣

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to grow Jimmy Nardello sweet peppers. My husband would toss the seed and stem part to the dog. Dog liked them enough that he figured out how to go snuffle through the plants, bite off and eat the peppers. He beat me to them. I often thought about sticking a hot pepper in a plant……

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nappa's started bolting, so I made a tiny batch of kimchi for my husband. I'll start nappa's again in August as I've heard they do better over winter here.
IMG_20230524_085519.jpg

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband is really good at building things. Tonight I went to get the food out of the coop and make sure they'd gotten up okay, and found a possum trying to get in. It had the chicken wire seized in its little front paws and was...pulling? Nibbling at it? Not sure.

It ran away when I got up there, but I'm super proud he was unable to find a way in. The fence is all buried down and out so as soon as they step up to dig at the base of the coop it's already too late.

On the gardening front, my peas are coming in, spinach is about to bolt, and my cabbage...well...we'll never know because my daughter eats so many leaves off it I don't think it'll ever manage a head.

Pretty sure I'm not going to actually eat any of my peas either. She browses the line regularly. 😂

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
On the gardening front, my peas are coming in, spinach is about to bolt, and my cabbage...well...we'll never know because my daughter eats so many leaves off it I don't think it'll ever manage a head.

Pretty sure I'm not going to actually eat any of my peas either. She browses the line regularly. 😂
AMKuska, you either need a shorter daughter-- or taller pea plants. 🤣

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
AMKuska, you either need a shorter daughter-- or taller pea plants. 🤣
She has long since made the world bend to her will through the power of tools. If the plants were taller she'd just go find something to use as a step stool. I'm just glad she likes healthy things.

Latest posts