..and now I have coyotes.

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
SO... humph. I suppose they are eating voles.
I have a horse fence surrounding the garden. There is ground cloth on that fence to keep animals from seeing what is in the little paddock (My chickens and my garden) And the garden has a little fence around it (because of the chickens.)
I have raccoon tracks also.

What do I do?
Tiger pee. I need tiger pee.

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
have any of you tried the solar night eyes?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Always have coyotes here. Don't bother anything as long as shut chickens up at nights. Coon are a bother. Hopefully the coyotes will eat the coons and voles both.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Human urine is said to be a good deterrent to varmints. You could surround the area with a perimeter of pee. If you live in the country it is perhaps easier to accomplish. Also if you are a male.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
How to phrase this delicately. I have a certain area protected visually that I use for a certain body function when I'm out working. I've trapped several raccoons and possums in that immediate area. At time, rabbits and rats have set up housekeeping in that immediate area. I trapped two big rats there about a month ago.

There are a lot of things that are supposed to deter certain predators. I don't depend on any of them unless you count my electric netting for the chickens. That is one deterrent that has worked for me. In my opinion, predators are adaptable. They soon learn that something regularly around won't harm them so they just ignore it. I don't care if that is human pee, talk radio, a flashing light, or a fake owl. They may work for a short while but I don't depend on them in the long run.

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I spent the morning trying to find how they got in. Can Coyotes jump a 4' fence? They are something new in these parts. I have no reference to use.The Mississippi river kept them from us until all the bridges. They have worked their way all over now.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I spent the morning trying to find how they got in. Can Coyotes jump a 4' fence? They are something new in these parts. I have no reference to use.The Mississippi river kept them from us until all the bridges. They have worked their way all over now.

They can jump that easily Greengenes, and what they can't jump, they'll climb.

Latest posts