Another Dog Story

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
If he is that friendly, put him the car and drive him a couple of counties over and leave him at shelter. He would get a much better home.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
While I dislike the idea of what feels like stealing, I do agree that you would be doing the dog, yourselves, anyone hitting the dog, perhaps an insurance company, and even the careless neighbors themselves a big favor if the dog were given the opportunity to be re-homed.

However, that wouldn't preclude them from bringing another dog home.

Do they own the house? If not, perhaps the landlord can get something done.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
So this evening when I came home in 4:00 traffic, from a difficult afternoon of dealing with an @$$ hole of a BIL, I put Penny outside to pee and immediately see the neighbor dog trotting across the road. Argh! Penny got shoved back in, as she was having a fit, I go outside the side door to see if big dog is going around to the chickens or what. Couldn't see him, but went to get Penny's longer tie-out rope. Then I spy him coming down my back patio stairs again. Got him tied up to a tree in the shady front yard with a pan of water. Of course I can't raise anyone across the street. I come in to find the living room sheers in shreds, from Penny trying to see out the window.
I don't know where the guys are that live in that house, but if they are still not home by dark, I will tie the dog to the back of their nice truck in the yard. I will lose the tie out, I am sure, but I'm pretty pissed. The 4 o'clock to 6 o'clock traffic is horrible here. That dog would have died TODAY if I hadn't tied him up.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Will not solve dog problem as long as people give dogs away for free.
Nyboy, you are right. This dog is gentle, sort of trained, and very friendly. He had a good upbringing somewhere. But he's just so darned BIG.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you want to have some fun and teach the sob owner, cover said dog with a large , whole bottle of CATSUP and then call the people from accross the road. That just might open their eyes to what could happen next time.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
You're not going to 'teach them a lesson'. People who have that mindset about pets see nothing wrong about it and won't change.
You're either going to have to find some some legal way to pressure them (animal control/leash law/etc), learn to accept that they will be constant soruce of stress, or become an underground railroad for their constant supply of new dogs (and risk legal action from their side if you get caught).
How much would you guess this guy weighs? Is it possible to get the law to act - not on the fact that he's a lose dog - but on the fact that he's a hazard in the road? If I had a pony that kept getting in the road, they would force me to pen it or take it.

Latest posts