ANTS!! help?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Want to kill ants or not? I'm not trying to kill and eat--just kill them. Mix and spray on hills

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
This post needs a photo!!!!
elijahboy said:
I am in the same boat here in Orangeburg SC so I will be waiting for a solution as well

I am beginning to think the hill i live on is an ant hill also. I have .70 acres and I also have .70 acres worth of ants. You can barely see the ant hills as they seem to live in the ground. They are everywhere. If you go outside you absolutely cannot stand in one spot for more than 3 seconds. When you look at the ground all you see is ants running everywhere but nowhere at the same time.

I have found a way to avoid the bites but you will look really really odd

my solution is leather boots

this past weekend i had to plant 3 peach trees, 1 lemon tree, and a plum tree and I started with one peach tree with friggin flip flops on and got bit up. So got to thinking maybe if i change my shoes that will work. The best option that came to mind was my leather high heel knee high winter nine west boots. mind you it was nearing 100 degrees so i had a bathing suit top on and daisy dukes.

Thank goodness i live aways away from the highway. Out there planting trees in a blue and tan bathing suit top pair of daisy dukes and my expensive knee high leather winter boots but guess what I DIDNT GET BIT with the boots on. my mom was SO ASHAMED...but that made it even more fun.

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I know this sounds weird but it does work, Carpet powder! They helps keep them away and Boy! your place will smell wonderful !!:lol:

Dave2000

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Figure out what they like to eat and poison them. Maybe a mix of boric acid powder and corn syrup, that is essentially what is in those clear little plastic ant traps but it should be in a container with a small opening at ground level so they can get in easily but other animals can't.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
desertlady said:
I know this sounds weird but it does work, Carpet powder! They helps keep them away and Boy! your place will smell wonderful !!:lol:
I wonder if the carpet powder has diatomaceous earth in it, as the powder part? That alone would probably kill the ants.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have ants getting in/on our hummingbird feeder, but recently we have noticed that the downy woodpeckers who have become addicted to the sugar water are also eating the ants. Sip a little, eat a few ants, sip a little, eat a few ants.....At least now they are earning their keep.

elijahboy

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Nyboy said:
This post needs a photo!!!!
elijahboy said:
I am in the same boat here in Orangeburg SC so I will be waiting for a solution as well

I am beginning to think the hill i live on is an ant hill also. I have .70 acres and I also have .70 acres worth of ants. You can barely see the ant hills as they seem to live in the ground. They are everywhere. If you go outside you absolutely cannot stand in one spot for more than 3 seconds. When you look at the ground all you see is ants running everywhere but nowhere at the same time.

I have found a way to avoid the bites but you will look really really odd

my solution is leather boots

this past weekend i had to plant 3 peach trees, 1 lemon tree, and a plum tree and I started with one peach tree with friggin flip flops on and got bit up. So got to thinking maybe if i change my shoes that will work. The best option that came to mind was my leather high heel knee high winter nine west boots. mind you it was nearing 100 degrees so i had a bathing suit top on and daisy dukes.

Thank goodness i live aways away from the highway. Out there planting trees in a blue and tan bathing suit top pair of daisy dukes and my expensive knee high leather winter boots but guess what I DIDNT GET BIT with the boots on. my mom was SO ASHAMED...but that made it even more fun.
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts