Any horse lovers watch Martin Clunes "Heavy Horses"?

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think Seed is referring to weight pulling contests, where a sled is loaded with increasing weight as each team successfully pulls a given distance.

I saw those at the fair several times, and I didn't see what seed is mentioning. :idunno
That is not to say it doesn't happen some places, but I haven't seen it at the shows I went to.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
You guys do know that this thread is going over my head! I thought a horse was a horse! Now, I'm not so sure. I do hope "heavy" horses smell like horse. :confused:

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary, as a child I rode on ponies. My legs reached down to the stirrups. I rode on a few horses where my legs went out to the sides, but below my knees my feet were hanging down to the side of the horse.

I also rode Trigger and Queenie. They were draft horses used to pull farm equipment. When I 'rode' on one of them, my legs went straight out to the sides with no chance of hanging down -- so broad were their backs. They were huge animals. So big that I'd have been afraid to get on one if they weren't stabled in their stall while I traveled with them in my imagination.

But, yes, they smelled that wonderful, warm, horse smell that followed you home on your jeans after a ride.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
rofl.gif
loudlaff[1].gif

Latest posts