Any Other Uses For Grass Seed Spreader?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish I had one. I tried to spread lime with another type of spreader that threw seed out in front of the spreader. Lime just clumped up, didn't move and I wound up spreading lime by hand.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish I had one. I tried to spread lime with another type of spreader that threw seed out in front of the spreader. Lime just clumped up, didn't move and I wound up spreading lime by hand.

I don't know if the drop spreader would work any better for you. Have you tried using prilled lime? It has less tendency to clump if it's kept dry.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
You could sell it for a few bucks if you have no use for it. We use ours to spread lime on moss areas. It would make a cute planter that could be moved here or there if needed.

If you have a cement floor in your garage, some folks use kitty litter to soak up oil or fluid spills..this would be a good spreader for that, just sitting in the corner full of litter, just waiting to be used.

You could open it up wide and use it as a manure spreader for your bunny droppings. :D

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used dolomite garden lime and just scattered it by hand.

Same here and I use a free bucket from the deli shop at a local grocery. You can buy a gadget to do about anything. You don't always need a gadget to get something done.

Speaking of which I've got another hour of daylight. I'm heading to the garden. I'll check back in later.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Same here and I use a free bucket from the deli shop at a local grocery. You can buy a gadget to do about anything. You don't always need a gadget to get something done.

Speaking of which I've got another hour of daylight. I'm heading to the garden. I'll check back in later.
I have the push type spreader and a bag that hangs over my shoulder with a hand crank, neither one of them work worth a durn. You are right, don't always need a gadget.