Any recipes for homemade deer repellent ?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am not sure about the human hair thing either, but a friend of mine is a hair dresser and they give away their bagged hair to some guy who uses it around his veggie gardens. Always comes and picks up like a bag a month. :/

Now I read they find Coneflower and Lavender and their smells unappetizing. Perhaps plant a boarder??? I just planted a TON of coneflower at the edge of our woods... we'll see what happens this summer.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think the human hair thing would keep me out of my own garden! Bleh! :sick LOL

elf

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yeah, it is kinda gross when you till the next time.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know why...dog hairs or horse hairs don't bother me... Other people's hair--I don't want it on my pizza or in my lettuce patch, thank you very much! Well, I don't want dog hairs on my pizza either though... :gig

elf

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The manure just looks like dirt after a short while, but when you plow up wads of hair, it just reminds me too much of the parts of the movies where they find dead bodies buried in the garden. And it sort of sticks to the veggies more. Or so it looks that way. I guess e-coli is just harder to see.

Latest posts