Anyone About ATV ?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel your Kubota is a better built tractor than a Deere. Small Deeres are not American as the farm tractors are. Not sure where kubotas are built. Don't like their UTV's tho.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the word "tractor" is misused in the lawn and garden. gives the homeowner the feeling of owning a small tractor... like @seedcorn said the PR people have made a mockery of that term..
lawn tractor= riding lawn mower
garden tractor= heavier duty riding lawn mower.

and then you have a true "farm tractor" as seedcorn stated. which is one of the toys on my list to buy......

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
the word "tractor" is misused in the lawn and garden. gives the homeowner the feeling of owning a small tractor... like @seedcorn said the PR people have made a mockery of that term..
lawn tractor= riding lawn mower
garden tractor= heavier duty riding lawn mower.

and then you have a true "farm tractor" as seedcorn stated. which is one of the toys on my list to buy......

Yep. I have one of those.
alaskan fancy tomatoes 8.23.13 001.JPG

Oh, @majorcatfish , have I mentioned the size of the tomatoes you can grow up north?

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Several years ago I saw an imported from S.Korea tractor called Kioti at the International Farm Expo in Tulary County , Cal. looks rough, but solid and MUCH less in price than Kubota.

Last edited:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sears craftsman from 1970s came with plow and snow blower was $100. Don't think snow-blower any good very rusted. last summer I had a very large tree come down, asked guy who did odd jobs for me to get rid of. He said he jumped tractor and used it to pull tree in to woods.I remember I was surprised how much weight it could pull.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Greetings Nyboy, the girls have a Craftsman also, they''re good machines, we have a trailer they pull, taking feed. We haul lumber and anything else we need to move.
We have a Tractor tractor we use if we need the backhoe or big rocks moved, but the small garden tractors are great for round the property.

The girls each get on a tractor and drive together round the property with Hovev, our cattle dog in the trailer, or a goat or two, or wifey and me in the trailer.