Anyone can raise chickens...a beginner's tutorial

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OMG my my ratty silly muddy hens are so NOT quiet not when they are laying OMG OMG OMG ..are mine the only really noisy hens???

one in particular sounds like the humane society should come up because we are torturing her then when she is done she clucks so loudly running hysterically around the yard for like 20 min!!!! then the next one starts....we a very full morning here with the noise factor!!!

and no I can not in a million years imagine not having them talk about fun..easy ..and such amazing recyclers ..plus the pleasure factor ..mine pretty much roam free in a huge chicken yard and perch in the trees during the day for breaks ..and then retire to the coup at night

oh yeah and the settling in at night is always a HUGELY dramatic event with the noise

the good thing about where I live is that the noise bounces so it sounds like it is coming from below us instead of right in my yard ...

:)

I would love to have quail and am trying to rationalize it

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I raised Bobwhite quail for 8 years. Also raised pheasant, wild turkey, chukars and peafowl (peacocks)....all from eggs.