jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am finally getting all the veggies I need for a salad at the same time.:cool:

salad.jpg

brandylorton

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Yes i have started hydroponics from sometime and got a little bit of success too. I have grown up few potato and are really tasty too. So looking further to expand my gardening with the help of you and other guys here.

brandylorton

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your warm welcome. I am curious about hydroponics i have just started and looking for more on that so hope it will be an exiting one with you here.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey jackb. This is an old thread so I hope you see this. I want to try a few hydroponic tomato plants. I want to buy a few pots all ready to go. Any thoughts on what would be a good product for a casual quality tomato hungry hydroponics beginner?

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey jackb. This is an old thread so I hope you see this. I want to try a few hydroponic tomato plants. I want to buy a few pots all ready to go. Any thoughts on what would be a good product for a casual quality tomato hungry hydroponics beginner?
@catjac1975 I just saw this post today. Here is something that would work well for tomatoes. It is real simple in that it only uses an air pump, which you can purchase at any pet supply. It is called a waterfarm system, but if you take the photo to any hydroponics dealer you could purchase the parts to build one for much less than a pre-made unit. I built several of these and used them. One problem is they spray tiny bubbles and the nutrient salts are hard to remove from surfaces if it dries. I would keep it away from walls, in the greenhouse it worked great.
Good luck.
Jack

waterfarm.jpg

FLORIDA PETITE.jpg

Last edited:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975 I just saw this post today. Here is something that would work well for tomatoes. It is real simple in that it only uses an air pump, which you can purchase at any pet supply. It is called a waterfarm system, but if you take the photo to any hydroponics dealer you could purchase the parts to built one for much less than a pre-made unit. I built several of these and used them. One problem is they spray tiny bubbles and the nutrient salts are hard to remove from surfaces if it dries. I would keep it away from walls, in the greenhouse it worked great.
Good luck.
Jack

View attachment 25882

View attachment 25883
I have put that plan on hols but I will keep this in mind. My reasoning for trying hydroponics was the though of keeping out the white fly which has been a big problem in the past. Then I realized it would be in with my other plants anyway. So if one were infected I would get white fly anyway. I usually buy poinsettia plants for my 6 greenhouse bays at Christmas. I decided to forgo them last Christmas because my daylily seedlings were well on their way and i did not want to move them for their prime location. Bringing in plants from stores is what brings in pests so I have had a clean year form pests.

Latest posts