Anyone Else in NH??

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
May 1, 2017 44835 AM PDT.png May 1, 2017 44850 AM PDT.png
I know that it is a bit simplistic to see things as a mirror image this way but environmentally, there are also some similarities.

:) Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
though Idaho is on a much bigger scale & we don't grow as many potatoes. but Maine being next door makes up for the spuds!

@digitS' over the years of being on this forum i've learned a lot from you about the weather & similarities in your area to ours. when you have a rough storm in your area i can usually predict in 3 days we will get it pretty rough here too. if it misses us i am grateful after reading how it went for your area.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Actually, that Idaho potato country is far to the south. @Chickie'sMomaInNH .

Our "Maine next door" is Washington's potato country.

Mountains, evergreen forests, trout streams, the remaining evidence of ice age glaciers ... I'm disappointed that I have only been in the Connecticut corner of New England but that was a picture postcard Christmas experience, as it was.

DwayneNLiz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hello you :frow Not in NH, but I recognised the username.
Hi Sumi!!!! but you are so close to NH, LOL
I didn't see anyone from New Hampshire when I checked the TEC map, linked in the first post in this thread. But welcome from Arkansas.

https://www.theeasygarden.com/threads/teg-members-map-pin-your-location.12782/
Thanks!!
Welcome from NY What are you planing on planting ?
i was going to try 5g buckets of tomatoes, peppers, watermelon,
and i was going to pland potatoes in my 'pretty' planters
Welcome to TEG, glad you joined
Thansk!

I think there is someone else from New Hampshire on here, but darned if I can remember who it is.
Welcome, anyway. What zone are you in?
i have no idea what zone i am in

Welcome from north Idaho!
@Chickie'sMomaInNH is in NH!
Thanks!!

Welcome. Enjoy the fun.
Thanks!!

Welcome, looking forward to seeing pictures of your garden.

Mary
thanks!!!

yep! over here on the little bit of the seacoast-or at least 30 minutes further north of the seacoast!

what veggies you getting started? still too early for tender plants like tomatoes, peppers or eggplants, even with our warm spell lately. our average last frost is right around May 13th, it may be a few more days depending on where in Central NH you are.

planning on the potatoes & root crops this week since on vacation! (finally, i need it)
Hi!!!! thanks! i am near lake winni, slightly north

Actually, that Idaho potato country is far to the south. @Chickie'sMomaInNH .

Our "Maine next door" is Washington's potato country.

Mountains, evergreen forests, trout streams, the remaining evidence of ice age glaciers ... I'm disappointed that I have only been in the Connecticut corner of New England but that was a picture postcard Christmas experience, as it was.

you didnt really get into new england then!! You need to visit again!!

Welcome for Eastern Iowa where the Mississippi river runs east to west!
Thansk!!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can put your zip code in this and get your zone. I don't put a lot of faith in it as it is based on the coldest you can expect on average each year. You may have noticed that can vary year to year but it's still a good guideline.

http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/

I'm on the border of 6 and 7. The only time I use zones is when I've ordering trees or bushes, things like that. I generally don't get one unless it is good for zones 5, 6, 7, and 8 just to cover all my bases.

Latest posts