Anyone Else in NH??

DwayneNLiz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
if you're near Lake Winni then you are probably a Zone 5a or pretty close to Zone 5b where i'm at.
yep, very close, i can see itout my office window right now ;)

You can put your zip code in this and get your zone. I don't put a lot of faith in it as it is based on the coldest you can expect on average each year. You may have noticed that can vary year to year but it's still a good guideline.

http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/

I'm on the border of 6 and 7. The only time I use zones is when I've ordering trees or bushes, things like that. I generally don't get one unless it is good for zones 5, 6, 7, and 8 just to cover all my bases.
neat, it says i am in 5a, thanks!!!

DwayneNLiz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Got Some plants planted yesterday!! :woot

I let my daughter pick them out, 2 types of tomatoes, 2 types of peppers, cucs, basil
and once i can get them i will get her some watermelon and pumpkins

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got Some plants planted yesterday!! :woot

I let my daughter pick them out, 2 types of tomatoes, 2 types of peppers, cucs, basil
and once i can get them i will get her some watermelon and pumpkins

Do you know the varieties of tomatoes and peppers you planted ? Sounds like the garden lifestyle is taking ahold of you all... Enjoy it.

DwayneNLiz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
if you are ever interested in Glass Gem corn just PM me & i can send some. i have 3-1/2 gallon mason jars full of them.
i dont even know what that is LOL
i have really bad soil (very acidic) and so do raised beds, this year 5g buckets
Do you know the varieties of tomatoes and peppers you planted ? Sounds like the garden lifestyle is taking ahold of you all... Enjoy it.
i got beefsteak and cherry (cant remember the specific kinds)
i love veggies but gardens have never done well at our house, bad soil, never home, chickens, bugs, etc
so hoping the 5g method works better!

Latest posts