Anyone Get Flowers Delievered Today ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My oldest friend works in a florist shop and hates today almost as much as mothers day. This is the 2nd busest day of the year for him. Did you get flowers today?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
NOPE, it is rare to get flowers. When I do they are hand delivered by son, sister or DH. Last year #2 son got elevated to #1 spot with a dozen white roses!!!!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nope. Are you sure you used my correct address?
tee hee smiley.gif

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No flowers -- I got a selection of beer and cheese :).

I was out in the garage at 3:30 so that I could bring in DW's new floor lamp before she was up.

Yes. It's a BIG flower holiday and only Mother's Day is bigger. Thanksgiving surprises me that it is as important to the florists as it is. I mean, the table should be too full of food for there to be room for a centerpiece! Christmas is about the same as T-day. Then Valentine's Day blows the doors off!

After Mother's Day there is Memorial Day but if there is cemetery delivery, it's difficult for the florist to make it back to the shop. I'm sure some, never do.

;) Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've never made a big deal out of Valentines Day.
I know the history behind it, but think it's blown all out of proportion by Hallmark and florists.

Of course, I guess there isn't a holiday that hasn't been commercialized to death.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
No. Today is our 21st anniversary. But our DSIL brought dinner over to us and it was very good. With DH just having shoulder replacement surgery, going out is out of the question. When he feels better, we will celebrate properly--I want a 5 pound box of deck screws! :lol: Feb 21 is DH's 72nd birthday and yup, I am gifting him with a 5 pound box of deck screws!!! LOL

Latest posts