Anyone Going Shopping On Friday?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Back already. Went wanting nothing found a Canon All-in-one color laser printer for $175 marked down from $450. So it came home with me-I had been looking to replace the 3 printers I have. So now will be down to 2, will keep old mono HP laser printer since it is so cheap-1500 prints for $15 toner cartridge.

Bought cordial cherries for wife-spent $1.90 for 2 boxes--I know spoil her........:lol:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad you're back safe Seedcorn. Obviously you have great will power and can control your impulse buying. Seems like you had a fun time and got a great deal.

I so want to go shopping this afternoon but don't want to deal with the parking nightmare. Now where is that chaueffer? :lol:

Mary

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I stay home where it is safe...and quiet. Black Friday is a post turkey day feeding frenzy.............like when you toss your chickens a treat. They don't care who they bite into.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
So ummm...Smart Red, you're not sure you'll go shopping or not???

:hide

:hide

(I need a better hiding spot than this chair!!!)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
DD and I went last night to BF sale at Walmart. The parking lot was full, the strip center near by was full, we parked down the road at a bank. Wall to wall people, shopping cart traffic jams that needed a wrecker with a loooong winch cable to straighten out. Crazy stressed out people everywhere. Yes, we are crazy.

My daughter is a professor in communications and some very nice Nikkon camera that normally cost $900 were on sale for $500. She has a budget for her department and this would save her a lot of money. We went at the 6:00 sale to ask about the cameras and they could not find them. We hung around long enough to become next-of-kin to the sales girl and she was grateful we were so nice. There was a long line of hundreds of people waiting for a $99 tablet of which the salesgirl confided they had 20 of. I asked her why didn't she just tell people that when they inquired where was the tablet line and she said she would get fired if she did. I can see why fights break out when people have waited hours and only the few at the front of the line get the prize.

The cameras my DD wanted went on sale at 8:00, so we went home for awhile, then went back. Gadzooks and hallelujah!!!! They had found the cameras!! there were only 6 of them, and the salesgirl wanted one for herself. DD asked her if she could have the rest and the salesgirl consulted with a manager. She said nobody was asking about them, everybody wanted the cheaper cameras. The manager said she could have them all if we waited in line and nobody else got them. We were at the tail end of the line and sure enough, NOBODY got even one of them, except the salesgirl. The funny quirk was, she handed each of us one, told us to go to the end of the line for another, so we just exchanged places since we WERE the end of the line.

Then to check out. The lines were halfway to the back of the store. We went to the front of the store where it was clear and went to self check, which was an oxymoron, since each checkout had a checker to assist all us dummies. Then a monkeywrench was that DD wanted a no sales tax check out since it was for a tax exempt college, so we had to stand in another line. The checker was overwhelmed. I started singing Christmas Carols to her and dancing. She got to laughing so hard, gave me a big hug and said "I wish they ALL were like you"!!

Go to Black Friday sales with a good attitude, make it a fun experience, thank the salespeople profusely for working so that you can shop, sing Christmas songs to everyone, dance, make a general fool of yourself and everyone around you will have a good laugh. They need it.

By braving the crowds, DD saved $2000 on her department budget. That is money she can now spend on something else she needs. I would go to Walmart on crazy Black Friday's Eve sales any day for $2000.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Agree Bay. You can control your attitude and infect the area around you.

Your daughter's buy makes mine look paultry. Sounds like fun.

Mary, too bad you had to miss out n the fun.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
If we could take Bay's attitude with us whenever we go out into the world, just think how much more peaceful and fun our day would be. If we could all show our own humanity just a little......

I went to Hancock Fabrics to buy some fleece that was on sale. I wanted "Hello Kitty" pattern, and didn't find it, so I just picked out some quilting/all purpose cotton. The line to have the fabric cut was long and slow. People were buying 8 different pieces, or 10 pieces, to be cut. It seems to be customary there, that we all chat while in line. "What are you making with all that flannel?" leads to a conversation about pajamas for her nieces, then what I am making, and how to make rag quilts, etc. I spent about an hour at that store one time talking to an elderly lady sitting at the pattern tables.

Anyway, after I got my fabric cut, I noticed a customer with a bunch of fleece, and asked her if she had seen any "Hello Kitty" fleece. She said no, but there might be some in the store room (that you go through to go to the restroom). So I went in there and, sure enough, there it was. Well, I really didn't want to stand in line for another 30 minutes or so to get one piece of fabric, so I let it go for now. It will probably be there in a few days, and I have a 50% off coupon. It's all good. :)

Seedcorn, glad you had a good time and didn't get trampled.

Did you all notice that guy on the CBS national news pushing his way to the front of the line, in a Florida Walmart, (I think)? He nearly started a riot, and made about a hundred people mad. I wonder if he felt good about giving that TV as a gift for celebrating Christ's Birthday?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay enjoyed being at Wal Mart and all those lines because it was to be away from the 21 dogs at her house...

:p

...if i got the count right from memory...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Bay enjoyed being at Wal Mart and all those lines because it was to be away from the 21 dogs at her house...

:p

...if i got the count right from memory...
Nah, Marshall, it was only 6 dogs at my house. Two little ones and 4 big ones! :lol: At my sister's house, where we had Thanksgiving dinner, was 12 dogs! :gig :lol:

Latest posts