Anyone have a Nutribullet?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
This week I spent my Christmas gift money from my in-laws on a Nutribullet.
I have been wanting a good juicer and while at Costco actually put an extraction juicer in my cart, then passed the next end cap display of Nutribullets and was immediately in a quandary. :barnie Which was better?

I was going to call a good friend who juices veggies and fruit daily to ask her opinion but had left my phone out in the truck, so I did the next best thing....I wandered in circles pushing the juicer around and saying " eenie meeny miny moe...."
They were the same price. But the NB eventually won because it was at less than half the size of the extraction blender and will need to be on the counter top.

Now I'm wondering if extraction means what I thought it did, which is separating the juice from the fiber. (?)

At any rate I'm kind of excited at how this will improve our raw vegetable
consumption. salads are much more appealing to me in the summer, and in the off season our consumption of greens falls off a cliff. We've been having two green smoothies a day now, following the suggestions in the book that came with it.
Dh is a big baby about drinking strange things but he manned right up and is downing them dutifully. :D

Anybody else have one?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't have one, but now I want one. :D Saw them for sale in Walmart the other day.

I watched the demo video on their website. It appears to me to be just a very high powered blender. I think what they are saying is that since it completely pulverizes the fruits and veggies with no lumps that you'll digest and absorb it better. Besides, all that fiber is really good for you too and shouldn't be wasted.

I have a Jack LaLanne juicer that my MIL gave me. They juiced for awhile and got tired of messing with it. It does a good job, that is for sure, but a whole lot of bulk and fiber is extracted and pretty much wasted (the chickens get it here). You end up with about half juice and half pulp/seeds/etc. And it is a tremendous pain in the butt to clean! And it takes up WAY too much space to be left out on the counter where it would actually get used frequently. I don't use it very often, except to make juice from my apples for ACV.

I think that would be the best advantage of your Nutribullet--you'll have it out where you can use it all the time and it's easy to clean. Which means you'll actually use it, which means you'll reap the benefits. :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely super easy to clean.

My last juicer was a relic from the Mayflower crossing. My moms elderly neighbor gave it to her when I was a teenager, then mom gave it to me when I moved out and I used it quite a bit for a few decades and then it died one day. I bet it was at least 50 years old by then. So I haven't had one since.
I really like that the NB completely pulverizes the veggies and fruit to a super smooth consistency. It'll be awesome to use this summer on all my home grown stuff. :)

Get that thing out of the box NYboy!

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've admired them too. Just got a 30% off at Kohl's where they were featuring the NB system. I'll bet Costco is cheaper tho.

If its easy to clean then I'm in. If its not, then it won't get used.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
So can I ask what it costs? I could look it up, I suppose. I have an old Oster blender, and I make smoothies out of frozen berries and such. Added some spinach this morning. I probably don't really have a good excuse to buy a bullet, as long as the old blender works.

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
ya did good @thistlebloom. I have one and love it. i make smoothies in the morning out of raw fruits and veggies and it really does do a great job. i looked at juicers too and thought about all the nutrients and fiber that would be wasted so chose the nutribullet. it is easy to use and clean. the only thing i don't like about it is that it's not big enough to make more than one at a time.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
So can I ask what it costs? I could look it up, I suppose. I have an old Oster blender, and I make smoothies out of frozen berries and such. Added some spinach this morning. I probably don't really have a good excuse to buy a bullet, as long as the old blender works.

Mine was $79 at Costco. I have an Oster blender too, but the advantage to the NB is a more powerful motor. In less than 30 seconds it completely pulverizes veggies and fruit, even carrots to a smooth consistency. I like that it makes all those vitamins and minerals easier for my body to absorb. And not too big to leave out where it's more likely that I'll use it daily. I have no excuse now to not get my daily greens.

Mine came with 4 blender cups and lids and two blade assemblies.
It's supposed to also mill grains and coffee beans, but i don't know if I'll ever use it for that.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got one at Costco right after Christmas when they were $10 off. Paid $69.99. We had just visited my father in law who had one and uses it every day. My sister in law told me they were on sale and they were very easy to clean. I want to start eating more spinach and apples. Well, I love it! It does NOT extract juice from he pulp. Instead it mixes everything in. That's what I like about. I wanted to keep all the nutrients that are in the skin/pulp.

I had a gift card for Target and it would have been cheaper for me to get it there using the card. But instead i got it at Costco because of their return policy.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
so do you just out everything in at one time? The carrots don't have to be put in and pulverized longer than ---say--the spinach?

Latest posts