Anyone have a Nutribullet?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm a newbie, so I'm following the directions....for now, but yes @so lucky, you put the greens in the bottom of the cup (2 cups worth) then your fruits or other veg on that, then you can add your "boosts" like chia, hemp hearts spirulina, nuts or whatever, just don't go above the max line, add your water or whatever liquid to the max line, put the blade on the cup and blend. It all blends together nice and smooth.

I chunk the carrots, and I only use one now. I was a little overzealous (and hadn't read the directions) the first time, and put 3 carrots and a handful of greens in. It wasn't very good, too chunky to drink comfortably.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I cut up my carrots and apples in big chunks. I also add just alittle bit of water, not as much as they say to use. I blend it and use more water if it's too thick. You can always add more but can't take it away. You have to be careful of juicy fruits. My husband made a smoothie with blueberries and added to much water. It was like drinking juice.

I haven't followed any recipies yet, I just add whatever I have. The good thing is that with the fruit or alittle banana, any veggie just tastes like fruit. :D Last night my husband made a smoothie with a mix of greens that included kale and cabbage, a too ripen avocadoe and blueberries. It''s a great way of using overripe fruit.

Mary

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
one of my favorites is spinach or mixed greens, a carrot, strawberries, a banana. the strawberries and banana are both frozen and the spinach and carrot are raw. i add a little unfiltered apple juice and give it a whirr. with the frozen fruit it makes it ice cold, kind of a frozen smoothie. the spinach makes it look dark green but it tastes like a fruit smoothie.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have used a juicer for many years. Nothing has to be peeled which is an advantage. However it really bugged me that I gave the chickens all of that pulp. The informercials for the NB are quite enticing. I just wonder if it works as well as it seems. They put nuts in the juice and everything. And then you have to peel and core the apples.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't want to be a commercial for the NB, (and I have never seen the infomercials, so that didn't affect my choice to buy it ) but it is really efficient at totally liquefying everything you put in it.

I have put walnuts and celery in it, as well as chia seeds and other nuts and there is no chunks or bits discernible.

The directions say to seed the apples, no need to peel. The seeds and pits of fruits that contain arsenic are recommended to be left out. But they do say to use the seeds from watermelon. And other seeded fruits and veggies.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat, I've never seen the commercial either but I love my nutribullet. It's a great way to eat more veggies and it's so quick and simple. You have your veggies, fruit, and healthy fats all in one. It has gotton me to eat more flax seed which I've been meaning to. Now, I just add a tablespoon to each smoothie. You can also make savory ones.

Mary

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Apple seeds have arsenic-I guess not much though. My concern with the skin is the only apples I have available now are grocery store apples. They keep forever, do not brown all day when you cut them....I feel like peeling them reduces pesticide intake.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking about that, a lot of apples are also waxed. I've been able to buy organic ones so far that are almost comparable in price to regular ones, so I use peels and all. But not seeds.

Latest posts