Anyone watch "The Good Life"?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't know if you have seen or heard of this British comedy from the 70's. It is about a couple in a residential neighborhood that make the decision to leave the corporate world and become self-sufficient. Chickens, goat, and pigs, garden the whole thing. I think is is hilarious. I rented it from Netflicks. Fun to watch after a day of gardening!

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ha, *that* was a long time ago! :) I watched the whole series when it was first shown in the US on PBS in the early 80s. Caught an episode of it just a month ago, too, on some satellite channel or another. I would not say that it has aged well, it is very much a program "of its times", but funny nonetheless :)

It has occurred to me a few times over the years that my life has headed sort of in the direction of the Goods', although in a much more casual way. I do not make peapod wine however <vbg>

Pat

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, I am treading the path toward being more SS, too. I enjoy the show because there are no others that even mention gardening or livestock (that I know of...) Her first loaf of bread cracked me up- it was the size of a small car!!

herbsherbsflowers

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I bought my husband the whole series on DVD for Christmas. We watched it about once a week for several months. It was fun.
We had watched on PBS back in the 70's.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'll have to look that one up. It sounds good. I'm a fan of English humor.

herbsherbsflowers

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Actually in England it was called The Good Life. On the package outside it says good neighbors, but when you watch the DVD the title that comes up on each episode is The Good Life.