catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had two scotch bonnets that were near my peppers I cut. I hoped they were distant enough that they didn't get infested, but I noticed the tell-tale shiny leaf & growth pattern and then saw this guy

P1290052.jpg
What kind of lense did you use for this photo? Great picture of the ugly beasts.

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I bring house plants in for the winter. I use a systemic insecticide on them. I would never use it on an edible plant. I have learned the same lesson as you have. I never had aphids go too crazy in my greenhouse but, I will never grow tomatoes over winter again. I had white fly from them so badly that they went after all my young seedlings. I do over winter pineapples. They do not seem to attract any insects. My main problem now is fungus gnats. I am able to control them but can never quite get keep them from getting in my greenhouse. I empty and sterilize every spring but still manage to get a few. And a few can turn into many if I am not diligent.

Their eggs are in the soil I believe

What kind of lense did you use for this photo? Great picture of the ugly beasts.

Heh, I'm going to let you down here and admit it's a point and shoot camera. I do a lot of outdoors gritty work and needed a camera that was waterproof, dust-proof and resistant to drops and very low temps, so I bought myself an Olympus TG-4. My wife has some fancy camera stuff, but not me.

Latest posts