Are you hooked on canning too?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just finished 4 jars of raspberry jam and 2 jars of ginger cantaloupe preserves. The popping sound is just ringing away in the kitchen.

Still have a large pot of tomato sauce on the stove simmering away. Should be finished in a few hours so I can jar those up too. :D

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
vfem said:
Just finished 4 jars of raspberry jam and 2 jars of ginger cantaloupe preserves. The popping sound is just ringing away in the kitchen.

Still have a large pot of tomato sauce on the stove simmering away. Should be finished in a few hours so I can jar those up too. :D
I love that sound too!! :thumbsup

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's some of what I managed this year. Keep in mind I was sick almost a month and got next to nothing done, and I've sold 100 or so jars of jam for my business already this year. So I'm actually lacking what I need.

Both shelves go all the way back, top shelf is all pints and quarts only and include fruit in syrup, sauces, pickles, tomatoes and my fruit liquors I've started. Bottom shelf includes mustards, jellies, syrups and some pickled peppers only. (A few things of tomato sauce ended up on the bottom as we ran out of room top shelf.)

14084_jars2011.jpg

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Looks great vfem, can't wait to make jams myself, figs are starting to come in at this end... I wouldn't have enough to sell tho...
keep up the good work.. :D

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am just getting a good start! 2 batches violet jelly, 1 of wild blackberry jam and 2 of peach jam. Tonight I began the overnight part of the zesty zuchini relish and sweet pickle relish. Then onto some salsa. If I can get my DIL to loan me the pressure cooker from my MIL I will try to put up some grean beans, too. :)

cityfarmer

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Last weekend made 4 pints of pickled beets and 7 pints of dill pickles. Today made 7 pints of dill pickles. Still patiently waiting for enought red tomatoes to make salsa. :woot

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just picked 51 tomatoes before the thunderstorm hit (I lost some a few years back to a storm so now if I think I might have 1 Ill go out and get drenched so I don't lose a tomato....I tell my wife I put in too much hard work to lose one to a storm!!) so we'll be making salsa and soup here.

Just made a bunch of Journeys hot pepper mustard and 4 pints of bread and butter and 5 quarts of garlic dills. That mustard is a great recipe. Also candied jalapenos too, 6 pints of those too.

Latest posts