Are you Mentoring Anybody to Help Them Learn?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would never blind side anyone like that. I realize not everybody can or even wants to butcher their own chickens.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
bay, I would like to see a chicken processed. I think I can handle it.

Mary
It's not as bad as you think. I try to make it as quick and painless as possible. It is not my favorite thing to do, but there is no point in feeding hens that lay maybe once a week, but still eat as much as a young hen that lays 5-7 times a week. So I suck it up and do it. And it the process, I provide my family with meat that I know where it comes from, I know how the chicken was treated, I know what that hen was fed and I know that hen had a good quality life.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would never blind side anyone like that. I realize not everybody can or even wants to butcher their own chickens.

We've got that cool new insert spoiler feature you could use. Perfect for that sort of thing. (Up there in the editor bar, third button after the smilies.)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks @journey11 ! I might have to figure out how to use that.

I butchered the ducks by myself today. Someone went in the neighbor lady's garage last night and stole something. The garage doesn't have a door on it at all and the landlord hasn't been interested in spending the money to put one up. She came over all upset, had to deal with police, her husband (works offshore) was coming home today and he was very upset at the thought of his wife and kids in the house and someone rummaging around in their garage. Big drama on the street today! They are a nice family and something will get worked out so they can feel secure.

Latest posts