Are you the kind of person . . .

DawnSuiter

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Shoot no, but it sure would come in handy!!!
Our milk bill is a hefty one, but whole organic milk is so nutritious that I feel it's worth it... about $60 a month. It's a huge chunk of our animal protein besides eggs & chicken.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Most of the times, mine is still good after the "sell by" date. As long as it is kept cold, and used up as soon as possible.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
hoodat said:
I miss the old milk also. Clabbered milk over corn bread used to be a good meal. Modern milk doesn't clabber - it just rots. Not enough cream left in it I guess.
OK Hoodat, what is clabbered milk? and what else do you use it for.

Mary
Just as milk begins to be attacked by the beneficial bacteria it seperates into the butterfat and the whey. The whey is the clear liquid, the curds are the solidified butterfat. It was what little Miss Muffet was eating as she sat on her tuffet. It is also the first step in making many cheeses. Draining off the whey and pouring the rest over corn bread was a po folks breakfast. The beneficial bacteria in it also made for a healthy digestive system.

DawnSuiter

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
here is my "curd" lol... I made this weekend!
101_0073yogurtcomplete.jpg

sorry but I"M SO PROUD OF MYSELF! I have to share :celebrate

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If it ever was bad yes, but it never hits the expiration date here either. My mother says she knows if I stop by the house because there is a noticeable drop in the milk level. My 3 y.o. daughter is the same way, she lives on milk.

And Dawn get a cow or some goats. Had some off a little Nigerian Dwarf doe a few weeks ago and it was good. Was expecting "goaty" milk but this was just good clean cold milk.

Latest posts