Armed and fabulous

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
A good friend at church is an instructor. I'm signed up for his next CCP class. Two of the folks who also work in the sound booth took his class a couple of weekends ago. We joke (well... half joke) that within the next 6 months all 3 teams that are working the booth (that is nestled way up high in the back wall) will have at least one person who is armed.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I see you have a replacement vehicle. That's great! How is the recuperation from your accident progressing?

@Smart Red that is my personal vehicle.:love I hated the replacement I had while mine was being repaired. :barnieRecuperation is at a dead stop.:barnie I can not find a Dr that will look at my left shoulder with out a primary insurance company:he. I have been released to go back to work. I have worked once so far and was sore all over the next day. Not sure if it was because I havent worked or from the accident. Had to turn down a call for work yesterday because I have a cold now. I think I got it from the lady I worked with last week. :hit

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now that's a Valentine's gift, Dew! :thumbsup

I do not carry currently, although I am for it. When my children are a bit older and after I've done the course, I plan to eventually. We don't own a handgun presently. Everything else is rifles for hunting, and those are locked up in the gun cabinet.

I didn't use to worry when I took my evening walks because my pitbull (who at 14 has never offered to bite anyone) was enough of a deterrent. But she is too old to go for walks now, so I ought to be carrying pepper spray or something. I've been stopped by weirdos/drunks twice on my road before, even with the dog. I would like to be able to at least open carry when I go mushroom hunting because I usually go by myself and it's pretty far out the backroads.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@journey11 I never worried about protecting myself before either. Until around Christmas when I heard on the news some lady was attacked at a local shopping center where I shop too. I live about 5 minutes from 22 and that is known as heroine highway. And Stuebenville Ohio is getting pretty bad with shootings and drugs. A girl needs to be protected one way or another. I even bought a can of red pepper spray to carry until I get my gun permit and can carry. I will be armed one way or another.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i went through a gun safety course just before dh & I were married. though i don't carry he does have a conceal/carry permit. we have a couple hand guns and a rifle but i have not handled any of the ones we have here. we do have an air pistol handy in case of a situation. but having the dog is enough to make a stranger back away from the door.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have carried at various times. I am all for concealed handgun carry. Texas just passed an open carry, which I think is stupid. If I were a criminal, the first guy I'd take out would be the one with a gun on his hip. But concealed carry......who knows?

Latest posts