Artifacts, found in Your Garden

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My garden sits inside the basement of the old house on the property that was torn down before my parents moved in forty plus years ago. I randomly find new pieces of sidewalk, bricks (enough that i figure this was a brick house), bones (typically cattle bones, this is an old dairy), bits of glass, a few old arrowheads, and marbles. So many little boys have lived here over the decades we find so. many. marbles. Occasionally tin men, but mostly marbles.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I found a buffalo nickel in my frontyard once. It was in such terrible shape that one really needed familiarity with those coins to recognize it for what it was. I thought that it might as well go in a change machine but may have promptly lost it.

My garden on other property at another home was in a vacant lot across the alley. It had once held a house that was demolished. No evidence remained except for a nearly buried, room-size shag carpet. That wasn't an interesting or pleasant artifact to find.

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pieces of rusted metal, but no idea what it was, glass and at first when we moved here marbles. Kids played in that area in the past. I also find air rifle pellets from years past of DS. He used to shoot them at a target in the garage, probably 10 or 11 years ago, and I told him, be careful and don't get those in the hay for the rabbits. Well, they did get in the hay, and drop into the wood shavings and get in the compost bin, and then hauled to the garden. A 100 years from now people are going to wonder how all those little green pellets got in the yard. Thought about it and was not 10 or 11 years ago because the rabbits did not come until 2012, so around 7 years ago or less.

Last edited:

Latest posts