Asparagus Recipes

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:drool

I just made the tempura batter recipe. I added sliced raw jalapenos with my asperagus...hey I am from TEXAS! Then I sprinkled crushed pepper flakes and Salish ;) Sea salt on top. YUMMMMY!!!!

We are snacking on it right now at our desks.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
awesome! I am a freak for jalepenos and we do get some good ones here at our local Korean markets ...(California grown)

so glad you liked the asparagus deep fried ..but really deep fried what is not good!!!

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
RIGHT!!

I just sauted the rest of the asp. and made the balsamic butter (VERY EASY BY THE WAY) and we had that eaten in 5 seconds. Delish! But what to do with the remaining butter? Well I just cut up some tomatoes and tossed them in it also. I added a bit of garlic salt and WOW!

Your "baked spinish" recipe sounds good too. That reminds me, I need to plant some this week. Right now I have snap peas, romain lettuce, garlic, carrots and fingerling potaotes. My tomato plants aren't doing so hot...probably put them in too soon.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am for sure going to the Olympia Farmers Market this week for the Yakima asparagus and then buying a lemon and I have totally worked myself up for a big plate of asparagus in Hollandaise ..forget everything else! this thread has me jonesing for some now!

Latest posts