Awesome day forming up...

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The sun's out, it's 60 and just beautiful outside! Got two smokers going, ribs in one, bacon wrapped rum lemon chicken bites in the other. Fixing to get the dutch oven going for a peach cobbler. Just waiting for friends to start showing up and have a great afternoon with good people...the first of hopefully many this year! I hope everyone else is having at least half as good a day as I am!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gee, and I thought I was having fun digging in the dirt! Sounds like a great day, indeed!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I admit I had a pretty good start to the day. I woke up alive. Anything else is just lagniappe.

My previous two days were pretty good. It finally got dry enough I was able to get all my early stuff in the garden. Last night and so far today have been rain, much needed rain because of our drought the previous two years, so that was good. Farm ponds are full, the water table is much better off than it was, and all that, so I am not complaining at all.

Enjoy your afternoon. Sounds like a blast.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
MontyJ said:
The sun's out, it's 60 and just beautiful outside! Got two smokers going, ribs in one, bacon wrapped rum lemon chicken bites in the other. Fixing to get the dutch oven going for a peach cobbler. Just waiting for friends to start showing up and have a great afternoon with good people...the first of hopefully many this year! I hope everyone else is having at least half as good a day as I am!
nothing like breaking the winter hibernation with good food and good friends on a nice day.
guess the mailman put your invite in the wrong mailbox.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can't see far enough to tell if my day is half good or half bad. Peach cobbler. Doesn't matter anyway - I now have lake side property. If the fog lifts, peach cobbler, I can snowshoe down to the lake and go for a paddle. We're not 60, but the snow is melting like peach cobbler crazy!

However, I much prefer peach cobbler MontyJ's idea of a get together in 60 degree sunshine.

I wonder how far peach cobbler south I'd need to go to find 60? Sun shine? Good friends, good food peach cobbler and good times?

With the sound of hammering peach cobbler ringing through the house, I think I'll don my parka and head south. . .

. . . to the chicken coop -- good times, good food, and whatever turns up in this fowl peach cobbler weather.

Or, hey, could it be one of those smokers has gotten out of hand and is blowing in? Do I smell peach cobbler?

Love, Smart Red

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smart's thinking peach cobbler! :)

I can tell! I'm a mind reader!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wait until we have the big annual TEG get togethers!

Monty will be in charge of the barbecue!!!

I'll have to make sure i lose 10 pounds first in advance, cuz i think i'd gain it in one day of 3rds and 4th helpings of barbecue...everything! extra large plate for me!!!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had a great day Sunday. I had an hour to spare before I had to pull the ribs and foil them, so I got to play frisbee with my favorite four-legged friend, Sadie Jane. She found it laying in the field and carried it over to me. She sat there looking at me like "Please daddy?" How could I say no?

By late evening I was feeling a little off kilter, not bad, but I knew something was wrong. I tried to write it off to being tired from a long day. Well, yesterday I woke up with a fever of 101.2. Took yesterday off and taking today off as well. I feel like crap. I'm constantly washing my hands while cooking and never handle cooked food with my bare hands, but I am still worried that I may have inadvertantly infected my guests :( I had no idea I was getting sick until late in the evening after everyone had left. I hope I didn't get anyone else sick. This really sux.

Latest posts