Babcock Peach Harvest from Ultra Dwarf Tree

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
BTW, Miss Mary...if you haven't already, I really think that basket of peaches should be entered into the POW contest. It's really a gorgeous composition.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary that photo looks like it is out of a magazine. Some creature stripped all 4 of peach trees last week :somad:hit:hit:hit
Oh no! Not again! I'm so sorry Nyboy. :hugs

I find it hard to believe that any animal would take all the peaches from 4 trees! Are you sure it wasn't humans?

We've been battling rats ever since a neighbor several houses down fumigated and they've come over. Three of us have set out traps but with no luck. My neighbor picked his plums as soon as they started eating chunks out of them. I did the same. As soon as I saw 2 nectarines and peaches partly eaten, I picked them. There was no way they were going to get my hard earned fruit!

Mary

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
A family of squirrels can strip our 8 large apple trees in a matter of a few weeks. And there's no stopping them short of sitting right there in the orchard 24/7. Fooled 'em this year, though....didn't get cold enough to set blossom, so our trees have no apples this year.

Now, they usually strip the peaches while they are still green, but since adding the extra dog who loves to chase and eat anything he can reasonably call food...and some things no one would....the squirrels have not dared to come to my peaches, so I have a full crop. Wish I could move the dogs to the orchard, but it would cost quite a bit of money and a lot of extension cords. Not worth it.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have squirrels but fortunately they pretty much leave my stuff alone. Maybe it's because the neighbor feeds them and they get full over there.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Decided to make these peach/blue berry cobblers (from my peaches) in a jar and freeze. Then all I have to do is take one or two out and place in oven as it preheats and bake. I love these. Now my husband and I don't have to pig out on an entire cobbler which is too much for us. Individuals servings are great.
IMG_0741.JPG

Latest posts