Babcock Peach Harvest from Ultra Dwarf Tree

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Decided to make these peach/blue berry cobblers (from my peaches) in a jar and freeze. Then all I have to do is take one or two out and place in oven as it preheats and bake. I love these. Now my husband and I don't have to pig out on an entire cobbler which is too much for us. Individuals servings are great.
View attachment 14629
yum... and whats wrong eating a whole cobbler?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like that idea Mary. Not the getting fat one, but the pre-made jars. Looks like you included blueberries?
How about sharing the details, I'll be having tons of blueberries in a few weeks.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like that idea Mary. Not the getting fat one, but the pre-made jars. Looks like you included blueberries?
How about sharing the details, I'll be having tons of blueberries in a few weeks.

2 cups blueberries
2 1/2 cups peeled and sliced peaches (5-6 peaches)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teas. vanilla extract

Combine the above in a bowl and let sit while you prepare crumble.

Crumble Topping

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teas. salt
1 teas. cinnamon
6 tablespoons cold butter, diced

Combine crumble toppings.

Fill half pint jars with peach/blueberry filling up to the line just below the screw rings. This will give you plenty of space for the topping. Add the crumble topping.

Seal the jars and freeze. To bake, put jars on cookie sheet and place in oven before you turn it on. Turn oven to 375°. They will gradually heat up as oven warms up. Make sure to do this otherwise they will break! Bake for 40-45 minutes.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks! I really want to try this. I haven't been making any desserts because I'm scared! Scared I'll lose all self control and just sit devour the whole thing! :eek:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks! I really want to try this. I haven't been making any desserts because I'm scared! Scared I'll lose all self control and just sit devour the whole thing! :eek:
I've got them in the freezer but I'm not touching them for a while. I'm scared too! haha

Mary

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Had to share. I thought that ALL of the peach blossoms on my young tree were dead from a late frost. My otherwise healthy tree looked like it might have one peach on it this year, even though I counted over 100 blossoms in April. Here was my harvest (minus the few that we already ate!):

Latest posts