Babcock Peach Harvest from Ultra Dwarf Tree

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rats were starting to get to my peaches so I decided to pick them. I picked 52 white peaches from a tree that I planted last year in a container. They are sweet and delicious! I am so stoked that I was able to grow them here where we don't get much heat. Tree did really well in the container by my periwinkle bench.
IMG_0733.JPG

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! That's impressive! I'm sure it was the periwinkle benches influence that made your tree so productive. A little competition for attention can be a good thing.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! That's impressive! I'm sure it was the periwinkle benches influence that made your tree so productive. A little competition for attention can be a good thing.
Yes, it was because on the other side of that bench is my ultra dwarf white nectarine and those were delicious too! ;)

Mary

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those sure are pretty, Miss Mary! You going to freeze or can them?

My peaches are doing great this year also~not quite as large and pretty as yours just yet~ and I can't wait to see if they have a good flavor...I intend to can all that we can get from the tree.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those sure are pretty, Miss Mary! You going to freeze or can them?

My peaches are doing great this year also~not quite as large and pretty as yours just yet~ and I can't wait to see if they have a good flavor...I intend to can all that we can get from the tree.
We'll eat them fresh since there aren't that many. They are on the small size but that's good since they are perfect for the kids.I'd like to make a cobbler but I'm afraid it would take almost all of them.

Mary

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking...peaches go south really quick, even if kept in the fridge or somewhere cool. Could be, if you see they won't last until you can eat them fresh, you could cut up the rest and freeze them or make a pie.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will definitely freeze them to make a pie or cobbler later.

There is no way I'm going to lose even 1 after all my efforts! :mad:

Mary

Latest posts