Back to Eden Gardening

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nowadays, people see something they want, they just take it. I've had cats and dogs taken that way...and that was many, many years ago. Oh, they will most likely tell people they "rescued" the animal from a cruel life of living outdoors but it's stealing all the same. If you have a beautiful or unusual breed or breed mix of dog or cat and folks see it and want it, they just take it.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
She was a gorgeous girl. So happy with thick glossy hair and a tail that would practically beat you to death with. She was also a bed hog sleeping between DH and me, on her back with her feet up.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is another great thing about micro chipping your pets. If they are stolen you have a way to prove it is your pet. I am sure first thing done with stolen dog is remove collar.

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thieves & liars, I have no use for. It is so disheartening to come home and find everything you have worked hard for, stolen or destroyed. We've had our house broken into twice, and our barn once. We installed a security system and fenced around our property. So far so good.

Glad to see your getting your garden planted Bee. A beginning garden has so much promise. I hope yours does wonderful for you this year.

I moved my asparagus this fall and they seem to be doing pretty good. One bed is going to give me weed problems, but the other one is doing just fine. I've got tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, kale, squash, zucchini in & looking good. My green beans are up & producing, but not all of them sprouted. I only have about 10 plants that came up. My spinach & lettuce were washed away by a heavy spring rain we had. I will replant them this fall. I planted my potatoes in a B2E bed w/woodchips. They came up good, never flowered & now they are starting to die back. My corn is a bust. I had about 5 that sprouted. My kelsae onions came up, but I wasn't able to keep the bermuda grass out for them to continue.

I put a lot of work into my garden last winter. Putting down cardboard, leaves & pine straw. I built my 4x8 bed boarders to contain my vegetables. I just can't fight the bermuda grass. It is just relentless. I moved my strawberries out into the garden away from the barn. I put them in a raised bed, 2'x8' & 12" high. I love it! It keeps the BG from growing over the boards and the height makes it so much easier on my joints to weed. The 4' wide beds are too hard for me to tend. I'm thinking about raising my beds higher and making them narrower for ease in tending. I know I will have to water more due to them being raised above the ground. I just look at all the bermuda grass and cry. I have 5 acres for it to grow in. It does NOT have to grow in my garden.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I really hope my green beans do well. My family loves green beans especially garden fresh green beans.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@henless it sounds like your garden, overall, is doing pretty good. Haha, there you are, fighting Bermuda grass and here I am, trying to get it to grow, but not in my garden.

Latest posts