Bamboo wattle fence??

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Do you guys think it would be possible to make a wattle fence out of bamboo? I'm been googling it, but I can't seem to find anything.

Jeni Ann

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'd like to do a willow wattle around the (soon to be) expanded peony bed.
Willow Wattle - boy is that fun to say!

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's a link to a YTube video in which the guy mentions bamboo as a material for a wattle fence.

THANX RICH

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I asked a couple local "barnyard" groups if anyone had bamboo that I could cut and have, and I've had a few people tell me that I could come and get all that I want! Hubby thinks that doing a wattle fence wouldn't "match" our "theme" that we have going on. He wants to redo all the beds with the red "brick" stuff... Which is fine and dandy! But I REALLY need a fence around my garden to keep the neighborhood dogs and cats out. I think that the bamboo wattle would be very pretty and pretty cost effective, especially if I can get the bamboo for free other than the "man hours" to cut, load, and unload! (and of course MAKE the fence) I was thinking maybe something a couple feet tall? Maybe 3?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
You don't want things to be matchy matchy. Something a little different from your theme will add some interest. Go for it.

Mary

Latest posts